Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Question is will others follow?
I wonder if Christ would have cancelled spreading the Gospel under similar circumstances.

Nevertheless ... this is good news for me. I can go shopping on Sunday minus all of that traffic. There's an LDS church on every corner where I live and I'm only barely exaggerating.

Reactions: OhioMan

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
I wonder if Christ would have cancelled spreading the Gospel under similar circumstances.

Nevertheless ... this is good news for me. I can go shopping on Sunday minus all of that traffic. There's an LDS church on every corner where I live and I'm only barely exaggerating.
Not fair. He would have pulled a miracle and removed the virus just to make a point.

Sometimes God tells you: duck.

·
Registered
33,184 Posts
Wow is yours one of them?
No, but we have a board meeting today at 5:30. Things could change with the new rules the Governor placed on large groups. I'm not sure on the specifics yet.

I do know our food bank will continue no matter what or till we run out. I just got a call about an hour ago that all of our paper-stocks are gone and can goods might last till tomorrow if we aren't re-stocked. I know we have several deliveries scheduled this afternoon so we'll have to see how things shake out.

If I recall correctly our back-up plan is to meet in small groups in designated homes around the area.

It's all in God's hands :thumb:

LOL...walked down to feed my horse this morning, after I scratched his head real good I told him to eat-up...we might be eating you in a few weeks...LOL

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Not fair. He would have pulled a miracle and removed the virus just to make a point.

Sometimes God tells you: duck.

I thought the bishops of the "true church" had the power to heal. Aren't they today's Apostles? Nevermind! Not sure it's possible to "duck" a virus. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
I thought the bishops of the "true church" had the power to heal. Aren't they today's Apostles? Nevermind! Not sure it's possible to "duck" a virus. :rolleyes:
Sometimes it is just tempting the Lord. Not even Jesus healed without reason. He could have waived his hands and heal everybody in the world but he dd not do it. Only to a certain few. Why? Because God wants to see how you behave within certain parameters.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
It Is temporary, so our obligation is to our community's by not becoming part of the problem.

As long as any one of us breathes or handles things we're going to be "part of the problem." As long as humans exist they're going to pass viruses from one to the other (unless we all lock ourselves deep in our underground bunkers and wrap ourselves in bubble wrap).

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
Oh ... is that your "go to guy?" I've personally never heard of him. I was thinking more of them that were "given the keys" of Heaven. :thumb:
No way! We isolate ourselves from Protestants, especially their "faith healers." However, this guy should be right for you and yours! He appears to be sola scriptura! :thumb:

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
Funny thing about the LDS church deal. We've been doing a thing for over a year now to try to shift gospel learning more to the homes. So they cut the Sunday meetings by an hour and published a study guide that families can use to study, then the lessons on Sunday are on the same scriptures.

So now, we just do what we've been doing for over a year, but don't meet to go over it together. Kind of interested in what they would do about the Sacrament if this became an extended thing, but since many people have the authority, it could be possible to handle that in their homes or small groups if this went on too long.

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
At least a dozen churches I know of have closed here in Ohio.
I'm not being facetious or mocking you (that's your pal, Action Jackson's forte). However, I'm curious as to what your Church did back in 2009-2010 when the swine flu in the United States hit 60 million, hospitalized 300,000, and killed almost 19,000 (a good percentage of whom were young children)???

Back then there were no closings of sports seasons, suspension of church services, etc., and mass panic that we have today. The panic that has cleaned our stores' shelves of toilet paper was created by the news media and Democrat Party that looks at this as their last chance to destroy President Trump.

Obama didn't catch any flack back in 2009 even though over a thousand were dead from the swine flu before he did a damn thing. The news media and Democrats covered for him. Today it is advantageous for the news media and Democrats to foment panic and uncertainty so they can use it against the president.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't be concerned about this new virus and take reasonable precautions. This corona virus is highly contagious, but it's NOT very lethal and is certainly NOT a death sentence if you contract the disease.

Personally, I'm still going to Church. With Pascha/Easter coming on April 19th I have no intention of sitting home. I'll be turning 70 in a couple of months, but I'm in good health, take my vitamins, and eat plenty of garlic. If I get sick I should recover. If not, it's G-d's will.

P.S. Eat garlic! It acts as an antibiotic and antiviral in your system as well as thinning the blood. The ticks on my son's farm don't go near me. It works better than bug repellant. It also keeps vampires away and, best of all, keeps people away! LOL :D:

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
It is a good way for low level enemies to destroy America with biowarfare. We can see how the capitalism system collapses. They don't need hi tech weapons.

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
It is a good way for low level enemies to destroy America with biowarfare. We can see how the capitalism system collapses. They don't need hi tech weapons.
Truth.
They don't even need good bio warfare, we'll collapse on the weakest of germs just under the weight of the media led panic and Facebook idiocy.

I'm not being facetious or mocking you (that's your pal, Action Jackson's forte). However, I'm curious as to what your Church did back in 2009-2010 when the swine flu in the United States hit 60 million, hospitalized 300,000, and killed almost 19,000 (a good percentage of whom were young children)???

Back then there were no closings of sports seasons, suspension of church services, etc., and mass panic that we have today. The panic that has cleaned our stores' shelves of toilet paper was created by the news media and Democrat Party that looks at this as their last chance to destroy President Trump....
And that is the key. This crap is 100% Media led. Between the professionals making money off of clicks and monetizing panic, doing their best to discredit and marginalize real experts, politicize all of the administration's actions, while ignoring all their attempts to do the right things; and the Facebook mob insanity of soccer moms and survivalist board members becoming statistical experts that suddenly know better than the CDC does, the "idiocracy" is fast approaching.:cool:

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
No way! We isolate ourselves from Protestants ... :thumb:

Whew!! I'm sure the Protestants here would thank you. How about Christians ... do you avoid them too? :D:

Food for thought: Matthew 9:10, "And it came to pass, as Jesus sat at meat in the house, behold, many publicans and sinners came and sat down with him and his disciples."

If you really consider yourself a Christian ... you may want to check out some of Christ's real-life examples.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts