Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Whippersnapper
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having just sat down to Toad-in-The-Hole i was just wondering what your last meal would be?
I know this sort of thread has been done before but i fancied a new one.

So, if you were going to die in a fiew hours- (how doesent matter, but it is unavoidable), what would be you last meal? Main meal, drink, and desert.

My last meal would be Toad-in-the-Hole, with A pint of London Pride Ale, with hot chocolate fudge cake and ice cream for desert.

·
Cajun
77 Posts
Nothing. I would fast and prepare my soul... But if it were my second to last meal, I'd have crawfish ettouffee, crispy fried frog legs, a slice of cheese cake and a Shiner Bock Beer (and I don't even drink, but it's a fantasy, right?)

·
Living YOUR dreams!
648 Posts
First choice is Hasenpfeffer, my wifes recipe takes three days of preparation. That should allow me time to get my affairs in order. :eek:

But if I have to check out in only a few hours, per the OP... it'd be a tossup between bison meatloaf, wild salad, elderberry wine or grilled native trout, wild rice & Heineken. Dessert? A second Heiney.
Edit: OK, settled on the trout/rice/beer.

·
Did you bring beer???
913 Posts
Mmmm....

My last meal would be a nice big ribeye, rare, with a side of garlic mashed potatoes (skin on). Drink would be a nice strong hefe with a huge chunk of orange in the bottom. Desert? Am I allowed to say a sexy man? :eek:: If not, I'll go with hot apple pie with vanilla bean ice cream on top. :thumb: Last meal, fit for a queen (although I prefer to be called above average but not quite royalty).

·
May the Lord be with us
5,784 Posts
Jerry D. Young is pretty darn close.. and Oscar615 is on to something, too..

OK, here we go...

We start with a superbly made Caesar Salad, the type made at the side of your table in a fine steak house, where the Head Waiter prepares the Caesar Dressing with fresh anchovies that he crushes and purrees right there, adds a nutty olive oil to, grates the cheese, squeezes the lemon, crushes the garlic, adds the sea salt and cracked pepper right there in the giant wood bowl and stirs with the large tongs...

While I begin to enjoy my salad, the next waiter brings a piping hot french bread straight from the oven, encrusted with fresh herbs, sea salt, and various seeds. Dipping choices include creamy whipped butter, and a fine olive oil with an excellent balsalmic vinegar...

Ahh, next comes my lobster buisque, smoothe and velvety creamy, with lots of heavy cream and minced garlic and broiled minced shrimp, along with the bite sized lobster chunks...

Next course... big, meaty, plump, sweet aromatic, huge gulf shrimps on ice with a tangy cocktail sauce and quartered lemons to squeeze...

Next, the main course... a nine ounce filet, medium rare, with a broiled (not boiled!!!) lobster tail stuffed with lump Maryland crab meat... drawn butter over a small flame, roasted carrots in honey & butter, and a twice baked potato stuffed with crawfish etoufee and andouille sausage...

Granted... I am ready to explode, but hey... after all... it's my last meal...

Dessert? Why Bananas Foster, of course... :) :) :) :)

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
whatever I happen to eat before I expire in bed at 99 years old.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.