Survivalist Forum banner
161 - 180 of 430 Posts

·
Banned
5,330 Posts
Does no one pay attention to history? Before video games, the worst school massacre in US history happened in Bath Township in 1927 where the school treasure blew up 38 children and 4 adults because he wasn't reelected.

Again, if there are no guns, these monsters will find ANYTHING to kill.
the guy used a huge quantity of dynamite in that instance. something like hundreds of lbs iirc. it's much easier to get guns in todays society that that much explosives, even for an armature pyro.

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
the guy used a huge quantity of dynamite in that instance. something like hundreds of lbs iirc. it's much easier to get guns in todays society that that much explosives, even for an armature pyro.
You're missing the point. If there wasn't explosives this man would have found an alternative to get the maximum amount of deaths as he could. It's the mentality that is the concern, not the device.

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
Also, I'd like to note that with all this media and spotlighting of this event, we are creating copy cats. This guys picture is everywhere... The amount of destruction he committed is on every channel and how we are showing him as a nomadic, nervous and drawn individual that had no friends and now you have these same people looking at this event going "wait, this guy is just like me".

·
Mod Certified PITA!
12,092 Posts
Obviously that is not what I meant, you are coming up with some ridiculous statement to try and make my quote look bad. Not only is that fallicious, it is impolite.

Some people don't like an EMP is a possibility while others think that a financial collapse is an impossibility; yet, there are preppers who are prepparing for those things. I like to be preppared for a wide range of possibilities and if the statue of Lincoln came to life and started a dictatorship I would treat that situation the same as if our current president started a dictatorship.
I apologize that you make statements that make it easy to make you look bad. Perhaps you should correct that in the future.

And a tyrannical, breakdancing statue is STILL more plausible than a lot of the conspiracy theories many people here obsessively focus on. :(

·
Banned
5,330 Posts
You're missing the point. If there wasn't explosives this man would have found an alternative to get the maximum amount of deaths as he could. It's the mentality that is the concern, not the device.
you are missing my point. guns are probably the last bastion for the average person to easily cause mass death in most any environment they see fit.

sure they could use explosives, but that either requires professional connections or knowledge. I'd wager that most of the nutters out there would blow themselves up before anyone else.

Could they PLAN to take many lives in other ways, sure. tey could run a car into a packed crows at a parade. but there arent parades everywhere and at all times.

I'm just saying guns make it easy(er)

·
Ouch - that's my thumb!
305 Posts
First she was a teacher, then they said nope, we got that wrong she was a teacher's aide. Today I heard that was wrong too and she's not employed by the school in any way. I've heard she was a prepper too. Where do you think they gleaned that tidbit? Perhaps because she owned guns? Really scary guns too, "assault rifle" and semi-auto handguns. Ooooo, she must be a prepper!

Did she have more than 6 bottles of waters? If so, definitely a prepper, you can only shoot one gun at a time and only drink one bottle of water at a time after all. This is the kind of proof the MSM uses to spout their agenda. Once it's out there and repeated all over Facebook, it won't matter if its true, people will swear to it. That's how they work at network news.
We have to recognize that the media will report what fits the desired narrative. Nothing more, nothing less. To the ideological left, anyone who believes in self-sufficiency, self-defense, limited government, and individual freedoms is the enemy. The storyline must be directed to discredit and show these people as the enemy or a danger to society as a whole.

Once we recognize this, we can see the news, the ever-growing federal bureaucracy, and the 'enlightened' liberals for what they truly are: agenda driven ideologues, we can see the spin for what it is worth. Remember what Rahm Emmanuel said during the beginning of Obama's term: "Never let a good crises go to waste". They will use this as a tool to promote their agenda, plain and simple.

·
Banned
5,330 Posts

·
Registered
7,676 Posts
Yes, but the mother new her son was crazy and nuts. So why the hell did she give her son access to firearms. We are not talking about stable, healthy kid here. We are talking about a nut job.
Where can I get an all-seeing crystal ball like you have? The kid had Aspberger's... it's primarily an impairment of social interaction. The condition does not mean a person is psychotic or dangerous. We have no way to know whether or not the mom was aware of how deeply disturbed her son was. Truth is, with somebody like that you pretty much can't know, because they don't give the same sort of signals or have the same reactions to things as other people.

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
you are missing my point. guns are probably the last bastion for the average person to easily cause mass death in most any environment they see fit.

sure they could use explosives, but that either requires professional connections or knowledge. I'd wager that most of the nutters out there would blow themselves up before anyone else.

Could they PLAN to take many lives in other ways, sure. tey could run a car into a packed crows at a parade. but there arent parades everywhere and at all times.

I'm just saying guns make it easy(er)
But we lose sight to really how many deaths occur per the amount of guns that are out there. There are nearly 270 million firearms are there with, at a minimum, 25% being classified as an assault type weapon. The ratio is staggeringly low of these events taking place versus the amount of weapons out there.

You are more likely to die in an automobile accident than to die from a firearm.

ETA: You are almost 200 more times likely to die in a car accident versus a gun. http://www.feizylawoffice.com/2010/...-interesting-statistics-on-the-odds-of-dying/

·
Always have an exit
3,711 Posts
If you do not see the point I can not explain it to you.

Sorry for troubling you.

i dont see your point...

before you could buy it without having to show government issue id. before you could buy it without store owners calling the cops and reporting your tag number.

you could buy it anonymously before. now it's not as easy to.

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
i dont see your point...

before you could buy it without having to show government issue id. before you could buy it without store owners calling the cops and reporting your tag number.

you could buy it anonymously before. now it's not as easy to.
And before the Brady Bill, you could by a firearm without a background check!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
According to her sister-in-law, she was a doomsday prepper. She had guns and extra food in her house. Here we go....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ow-classmates-remember-genius-Adam-Lanza.html

Honestly? I'm not especially worried about any actions that the little emperor might try to take against the 2nd Amendment. He's screwed up everything he's touched in the last 4+ years.

Plus, 'Benghazi-Gate' is hanging over his head. From what I keep reading, the entire administration is running scared from that cover-up. (Susan Rice's SoS withdraw, Hillary's 'concussion...etc)

Just finished reading Edward Klein's book, 'The Amateur', about the incredibly inept Obama administration. Obama is a joke, a sad and pitiful joke.

161 - 180 of 430 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.