Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
9,294 Posts
Your not the only one...

How come I'm the only one on here that has land for sale? I would think there would be lots of discussion about availability of property.
who has land they want to sell. I've got a nice 21 acre piece right on a lake, secluded and private. Problem is, it's a bad time to sell right now. I don't know if that will improve with time or not. Just have to wait and see.

I was going to build there, but decided I don't need the view...hopefully someone with a large bank account will.

·
Registered
53 Posts
who has land they want to sell. I've got a nice 21 acre piece right on a lake, secluded and private. Problem is, it's a bad time to sell right now. I don't know if that will improve with time or not. Just have to wait and see.

I was going to build there, but decided I don't need the view...hopefully someone with a large bank account will.
just curious how much were you planning on asking for property like that?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I wish I could afford to buy some land these days. I just hope that I can get 20 or so acres here in the mountains somewhere (with a creek, small pond, and trees and field) in the next 3-5 years. Hopefully it's not too late by then. Maybe if I get the new job I'm trying for, I can make it happen sooner rather than later.

·
Banned
9,294 Posts
just curious how much were you planning on asking for property like that?
Some other comps are priced at $1M...but those were all blocked together in 20 acre parcels. Mine is the other end (freshwater side) where the river feeds the lake, only two neighbors half mile apart, dead end road, two steel gates. I'd take 750K, but no less.

·
Registered
262 Posts
How come I'm the only one on here that has land for sale? I would think there would be lots of discussion about availability of property.
I bought 170 acres for less than your asking,with a place on it with well,septic,electric, etc.

Wanna buy 4 acres in florida with a pond, 2800sq.ft. cbs home,50x100 shop, live oaks, fruit trees,40x20 2 story barn with apt...........NO?......I got it priced 30,000 below appraisal,no bites,........your not gonna sell anything till the dust settles from this credit/banking crapola, people are too scared or just can't get a loan with the credit freeze. It's gonna get worse before it gets better.:(

·
Knocked Down But Up Again
5,579 Posts
I bought 170 acres for less than your asking,with a place on it with well,septic,electric, etc.

Wanna buy 4 acres in florida with a pond, 2800sq.ft. cbs home,50x100 shop, live oaks, fruit trees,40x20 2 story barn with apt...........NO?......I got it priced 30,000 below appraisal,no bites,........your not gonna sell anything till the dust settles from this credit/banking crapola, people are too scared or just can't get a loan with the credit freeze. It's gonna get worse before it gets better.:(

Land prices vary greatly with location. Would you expect to pay the same price for desert land as opposed to land where crops grow abundantly?

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
Land unlike Gold, they arent making anymore of it. It aint getting any cheaper. People here are survivalist more than they are realeste speculaters. Most have bought land in rural locations and want to keep it. With urban sprawl its getting harder to find land thats truely remote which is the kind of land that most survivalist want.

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
I just had to foreclose on a 6 acre tract I had sold. I made the mistake of doing owner financing. The guy had snapped up 3-3 acre tracts around it and begged for it. Land in that area was going for 10k/acre. I let it go for 6. Long story short, he skipped town, left the wife and 2 kids, she lost the house, all the land is gone too.

Learned a valuable lesson there. Now I will have to hold it probably 1-3 years before it sells again...but since they ain't making no more it can only appreciate. plus there is still alot of white-flight from the Savannah area and its only a half hour from there, I have no doubt it will sell eventually.

Live and learn.

·
Banned
742 Posts
Some other comps are priced at $1M...but those were all blocked together in 20 acre parcels. Mine is the other end (freshwater side) where the river feeds the lake, only two neighbors half mile apart, dead end road, two steel gates. I'd take 750K, but no less.
A 'comp' isn't what other people are asking. A 'comp' is for a piece of similar property that actually sold.

·
Banned
742 Posts
No, but it's 1 hour away from shootmor's :rolleyes: ........I do A LOT of research.
Since you're obviously an expert on these things, research how much land sells for in dowtown Manhattan and how much it sells for an hour away in rural New Jersey. See if you think the prices are similar. An hour's drive can make a huge difference in price.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Since you're obviously an expert on these things, research how much land sells for in dowtown Manhattan and how much it sells for an hour away in rural New Jersey. See if you think the prices are similar. An hour's drive can make a huge difference in price.
I'm not gonna get in an argument over this, they are very similar, i never said i was an expert........I'm out, do what you want.

·
Registered
196 Posts

Do YOU have this land for sale? whereabouts? price range? Orange city florida here looking for land in north florida/georgia.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.