Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I drink your milkshake!
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any advice on how good these are and if they would make a good starter / first compound?

·
Registered
350 Posts
They look like the old Bear twin cam compound bows. The older Bears weren't as efficient and fast as most of the newer designs. I don't have any experience with those bows personally, but at least one of them is listed as a higher than 300fps rating and with a 70% let-off...if their facts are correct, could be nice bows.

--Wintermute

·
I drink your milkshake!
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any suggestions from your standpoint on what I should be looking at in a proven design? I hear the Browning Cam 1 1/2 is also good, but not for beginners.

They look like the old Bear twin cam compound bows. The older Bears weren't as efficient and fast as most of the newer designs. I don't have any experience with those bows personally, but at least one of them is listed as a higher than 300fps rating and with a 70% let-off...if their facts are correct, could be nice bows.

--Wintermute

·
Registered
350 Posts
I usually recommend going to a good shop with a knowledgeable staff and trying out different bows. I personally like Martins, but it really comes down to what you find comfortable to draw and how the movement feels to you. Bows really are something that end up being pretty personal in fit.

--Wintermute

1 - 4 of 4 Posts