Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Peas and Carrots!
36,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ladies, this is a super group for those of you with children with disabilities. The caretaker is a man, however, and cannot post here to tell you about the group. I am forwarding his post exactly as he wrote it as he explains it much better than I could.

Hey folks!

As the caretaker of a group here on Survivalist Boards called "Parents of Children with Disabilities" I would like to invite you to our family, Here is the link:

http://www.survivalistboards.com/group.php?groupid=300

This group is for friends and family that have a "special" child or relative in your life. We have lots of information available regarding :

- Social programs
- community resources
- organizations that offer assistance
- How to apply for aid
- legal issues
- resources for siblings of special children
- inspirational writing
- a place to vent

And MUCH, MUCH more!

We would love to have you visit and become part of our "family." You can find something to help you or you could be a world of help for someone in need of your wisdom.

See you there! - Borrowed Time

forwarded by Mels thinkingitover

·
Peas and Carrots!
36,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Ladies, as Borrowed Time cannot post in this section he encourages you to either Private Message him here:

http://www.survivalistboards.com/pri...=newpm&u=13099

or

please post quesitons and concerns in a parallel thread in the "Health, Fitness, and First Aid" Topic room here:

http://www.survivalistboards.com/sho...06#post5777706

or

Just jump right in to the group, we dont bite AND you wont get stuck on a junk mailing list for the rest of your life just for signing up! LOL

He promises to get back to you soonest possible. Thank you!

·
Peas and Carrots!
36,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wonder if I should. I hsve no kids. But growing up I was the disabled child! I have overcome a lot to be able to function as normsl as possible. Took a lit of hard work love and support
As the parent of a young adult disabled child, I would find your viewpoint very valuable. :)

I just forwarded another post from Borrowed Time, the caretaker of the group, that will help you get in touch with him with questions you may have.

He's very nice and easy to talk with so feel free to contact him for more information.

·
Peas and Carrots!
36,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Ladies! Update for the group!

There has been a new thread started in the group. In this thread we are trying to form a library of sorts that lists books, videos and other guides to assist parents of Special Needs children, to help navigate the mazes of the education system, the law regarding these children, and how to advocate for them.

Where possible there has also been provided a link on where to buy these books or videos.

We hope you can glean useful information to choose the right path for your child. we also hope that if you've found books or other resouces that helped you, you could share with all.

We also have revived older threads involving pleasant memories and such and new "have you had one of those days" question and venting threads.

Hope to see you in the group!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.