Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone.. I’m working in IT field. My job is very stressful. Due to my tension I have noticeable frown lines between the eyebrows. Everyone is asking me about this. Other felt it like the mark of an injury in past. I’m fed up by answering others questioning. I want to go for endoscopic-forehead-lift. What you guys feel? Is it effective? I also want to know about the expense details of this surgery.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
your post said you are having lines between the eyebrows...that is called either 1's 11's or 111's depending on the number of wrinkle lines which i presume are vertical and not horizontal.

a forehead life will smooth out the horizonal lines, botox will smooth out the vertical 11's.

a bigger question for me is why you feel the need to undergo the procedure...aging is a natural process and yes, wrinkles are going to show up in your face no matter what you do. personally, id rather a man with some life experience showing on his face than a smooth child's face, but that just may be me...

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
the 11's eventually earn interest and end up as six figures...lol

I've got a pretty good set of 11's myself....unfortunately, I've inherited both the 11's and the thinner fairer skin.

It used to be that those things didn't matter and you just aged naturally. But let's say you need to get a new job.....trust me, your age will absolutely out show your years of experience. The husband has had this issue......companies falling all over him....until he gets into the interview and they are all young enough to be his children. Sad, unfortunate but reality.

I'll probably have mine worked on just a bit when I need to return to the work force. I'm 51 and don't need to look 40, but a fresher version would be a bit of a confidence booster.

I think, OP, it might be worth checking into just because others are making comments about the severity, that it might be a scar or something.

(heck the last interview I went one, I was passed over....but noticed later the young lady with the tattoo hanging out over her butt crack did get the job.....not kidding. )

·
Raving Loony
2,253 Posts
God what a sick society we live in. Gag me with a spoon.

That's a judgment against all the judgment, dear one, and not against you. We are survivalists. It is what it is; our task is to survive what it is.

I think your experience lines are things of beauty and ought to be worn with pride. You earned them; **** the youth-worshippers and the dyed gingered-up nags they rode in on. But it is what it is and our task is to survive, taking this sinful world as it is and not as we would have it.

If you must do this, talk to several experts and go with the most minimal procedures that will be effective. Find out how they work and why, don't accept pretty pictures and glowing promises.

And pray for this sick, death-spiraling culture.

·
Raving Loony
2,253 Posts
Necro alert and all, but I feel compelled to add a little anecdote.
?
Many many years ago, my grandmother had rhinoplasty. Did she need it?? No. She had not been horribly disfigured by surgery or an accident. She
had the face the Lord gave her.

But her nose was long and skinny. Sort of a feminine version of Alan Alda, for those of us old enough to remember him.

Her stepmom made fun of her, and her daughters' peers in their ****ty little hometown made fun of her, and made fun of her daughters for it too.

So she decided to get a nose job in the late 1960s. Lovely nose. The surgeon did a great job.

Of course, all her life after that, she had to be careful of her nose. It never made snot right again. She had to be careful to keep it lubed, and was forever more sensitive to every airborne infection that came along.

No big deal. Worth it to her.

Now she's 91. She has aortic stenosis and congestive heart failure (which add up to being on blood thinners). She gets pneumonia a lot (probably at least in part due to those dry nasal membranes). She ends up on oxygen, and they never remember to give her a humidifier.

She gets a lot of nosebleeds. What's a nosebleed?? It drip... drip... drips for HOURS. Last Friday, I spent 3 and a half hours taking turns with her holding an ice pack to her face. There was bloody spit and bloody tissues everywhere. Speaking of Alan Alda's nose, that room looked like something off MASH.
mi
I do not mind the hours. She spent twelve years holding various things to various parts of my body, putting up with my autistic kid ****, and generally raising me. It is a privilege and an honor to hold an ice pack to her nose, believe me. But I thhought (and did not say, because she is 91 and I love her and do not wish to hurt her feelings to no good end), "Was the nose job worth it, Grandma??"

·
Registered
831 Posts
The first thing I would ask is if you have tried any of the amazing wrinkle creams /serums out there? They won't make them completely go away, but they can significantly reduce their appearance. I have had great luck with Boots #7 serum with Oil of Olay Regernerist. It's affordable and does make a difference. I have also started using an eye cream but I can't remember the name right now.

I am one of those people who won't do cosmetic surgery or procedures, but to each his own. I have seen so many bad reactions or badly done procedures that it is not worth the risk.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Good hydration will help to keep skin supple so drinking more water might help. I also use Hyaluronic Acid that's from Regalabs. It is made to drink but I use it topically on crinkle lines around my eyes. Hyaluronic Acid is used to build collagen. I would use surgery as a last resort.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
18,938 Posts
A friend of mine who can do everything swears by Vitamin C serum. She is older than me, but she looks about 20 years younger.

I might get some iffy moles fried off, but that would be the extent of any "cosmetic" work for me.

·
Registered
831 Posts
A friend of mine who can do everything swears by Vitamin C serum. She is older than me, but she looks about 20 years younger.

I might get some iffy moles fried off, but that would be the extent of any "cosmetic" work for me.
My sister used Vitamin C to reduce dark spots. It worked really well but I do.know it makes your skin more sensitive to the sun, so sunscreen is a must. I think my eye cream has Vitamin C in it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.