Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Don't fear the Reaper
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I'm so tired. Physically, mentally, emotionally. Worn out. Used up. Etc.

I need sleep but I can't sleep, which I blame on my overall state of being as well as a med I take for neuropathy, which has one side effect of insomnia. Tried doing without it but the pain is worse than the insomnia.

Just tired, so very, very tired. And I just want to sleep all the time.

And feeling sorry for myself today. But tomorrow will be better, I'm sure.

Thanks for reading my vent! Blah.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I'm sorry you feel awful today. Neuropathy is a horrible thing to suffer with. My Dad had it.

Have you tried Lyrica or a B shot?

maybe try avoiding the news for a day or 2 to relieve some of the stress/anxiety?

·
Forward, into the fray!
3,681 Posts
Talk to your doc, or at least the pharmacist. A different med for the neuropathy or a med to help you sleep. Even some herb tea. Your lack of sleep is feeding depression.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Have you had blood work done lately? Most people get low on vitamin D in the winter..take a D , sit in the sun take it easy and get some fresh air..Feel better!

·
Registered
305 Posts
My mom has neuropathy and has to take a ton of vit d.....she also takes a melatonin/chamomile/lemon balm supplement that helps immensely with sleep and stress. Ask the doc before adding anything herbal to meds of course.

Im sorry....neuropathy and exhaustion are a sucky combo!

·
Off the leash
2,178 Posts
I am so sorry you are going through this but, I can sympathize. I don't sleep well 6 out of 7 nights most of the time and like you I am just tired of everything going on in my life and the world.

I truly hope you can get some sleep and find some peace.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Currently, I'm spending a time as you has had sometimes ago.. I feel disappointed and hopeless. I need to sleep and stay away from this world and everytihng..I need some pleasure..but everything I enjoyed sometimes ago, now seems to be useless..

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm so tired. Physically, mentally, emotionally. Worn out. Used up. Etc.

I need sleep but I can't sleep, which I blame on my overall state of being as well as a med I take for neuropathy, which has one side effect of insomnia. Tried doing without it but the pain is worse than the insomnia.

Just tired, so very, very tired. And I just want to sleep all the time.

And feeling sorry for myself today. But tomorrow will be better, I'm sure.

Thanks for reading my vent! Blah.
I'm tired of quarantine and my work. Boss irritates me. I need to reload too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can definitely relate. My anxiety has always affected my sleep negatively but since all this pandemic stuff started its been through the roof and I don't think I've gotten a full nights sleep in months. It really seems to be starting to affect my energy level and performance at work. I think I need to talk to my doctor about it soon. Its good to know others are dealing with similar issues though, thanks everyone.

·
White Hat
2,151 Posts
I'm tired of quarantine and my work. Boss irritates me. I need to reload too.
I've had the January blues all month. Saw hubby for a total of six days last year, over Christmas hols. Much of that time was spent buying a used car and taking care of all the paperwork during a time when COVID19 has effectively closed all of our DMVs.

But hubby's a handsome and fit 60+ years with the grey beard to prove it, so they squeezed him in between appointments after we explained we didn't want him to risk flying home on a plane full of people who just spent the previous ten days partying with friends and family they hadn't seen in a while. We had the plane ticket; we just didn't want him to use it.

Got the car all straightened out, new tags and plates... which meant he had to leave three days sooner, to give himself time to drive there and a day to recuperate (or an extra day to drive, if he ran into a blizzard or something.)

I got depressed the moment he left, and I haven't really been able to shake it since.

But I'm trying. Today I started to tackle the mess in the study, which is where I've been stacking empty boxes and packing supplies for re-use when packing up my antiques. But everything is so dusty and dirty that I'm re-thinking my box-hoarding...

Anyway, I made good progress on it and sat down to lunch. Immediately managed somehow to flip my plate of lasagne onto the floor. While leaning down to scrape it up, threw my entire cup of tea onto the floor, too.

Some days it seems like you just can't get ahead on the messes...

😳

1 - 12 of 12 Posts