Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently had a case of the Covid-19 in our area. As you probably know, most young people have a light case but in older people the illness can cause pneumonia and scarring of the lungs. Well I wish to avoid this and so I am topping off my preps and doing last minute errands for this week, and then if I choose to I can simply not leave home.

I said in admiring tones "Now, THAT is a shopping!" as the lady and her husband had 3 full cart, including 20 loaves of bread.

The lady said something about shopping for 2 weeks instead of one, also "my goodness it looks like I am shopping for 20", but she looked to be 70+ years old and I am pretty sure that she is filling her freezer.

I said something along the line of "I know what you mean, I stock my pantry once a month", but she did not reply other than a smile and so I let the subject drop.

I have a lot to do this week, if I am going to be able to shut the door by the weekend. My husband will still be going to work (he retires mid-June) but I can have him wash his hands when he gets home.

·
Forward, into the fray!
3,681 Posts
One case in your area. A couple of weeks seclusion at this stage is just about long enough for this bug to really get going. By the time you're ready to go get more supplies it should be in full swing and have everybody sick. If you can't quarantine for several months, it's not long enough. Sorry.

·
Registered
8,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Judging from the number of loaves of bread the older couple can last for much longer than 2 weeks time! I am pretty sure that she just did not want to talk about what she was doing because preppers are often seen as wierd.

Older people have life skills. If she bought enough bread for 2 months then she probably has enough other food to last her as well

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I don't care what other people do. By the time these people are all shut in their houses the shelves will be restocked and less crowds at the store.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts