Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Penguin Squeezer
158 Posts
These past few months I've started dabbling in couponing and bargain hunting. Well it's become something I really enjoyed and have been learning to save tons of money with. I've also discovered it's been a great source for finding items for prepping and stocking up on food.

I found no dedicated threads for coupon deals and bargain finds we might all know about, so I thought it might be a useful and fun one to start.

I will be sure to stop in here and update everyone when I find some awesome deals that you may be interested in. In fact I can start with one of the deals I took advantage of this morning.

This deal is also one you can take advantage of at Albertsons Possibly, as I did the same discount at Albertsons about 2 weeks ago.

--------

Using this COUPON I went to Dollar General and purchased 24 cans of Libby's canned vegetables, with an original price of $21.83 and a discounted price of only $7.00! That was a savings of just under $15 dollars!

Original Price: .85 / 1 can
Sale Price : 2 for $1
Coupon Price: $1 off 4 cans

Final Cost - .25 Each

·
Registered
633 Posts
I no longer patronize the krazy coupon lady's website. She no longer credits the blogs she takes coupon deals from. So some other blogger is doing the hard work of finding the deals which krazy lady then takes and acts like it's her own. Most other couponing sites are very careful to credit the source but apparently krazy lady is getting greedy.

We have a kroger affiliate grocery store so I like

www.iheartkroger.com

Also:

www.totallytarget.com (target)
www.iheartthemart.com (walmart)
www.wildforwags.com (walgreens)

But my personal fave is of course my daughter's organic/natural couponing site
(no bias of course lol)

www.growingupnatural.com

·
Blessed
103 Posts
My one local store (Giant Eagle) got burned one too many times by people using scanners and photocopiers to copy the internet printable coupons and they limit purchases to using only two internet printable coupons per transaction.

I joined a forum called afullcup.com where there is a for sale or trade (FSOT) thread where people charge a clipping fee of 5 to 10 cents a coupon or they will trade with you if you have coupons to trade. That way I can get the coupons from Sunday inserts on the glossy paper and my Giant Eagle will take as many as 12 of the same coupon in a single transaction.

However, another local market (Weis markets) doesn't limit the internet printable coupons as long as they all have different UPC numbers, so as to prevent photocopying.

It takes a decent amount of studying, but if I watch the forums at afullcup.com and I watch the sale fliers from my local stores... I can usually save pretty big on some prepper stuff.

An example would be recently when there were special coupons available at the Wounded Warrior website. They had coupons for Domino sugar that were $1.00 off two 5 pound bags, coupons for Spam that were 55 cents off per can (which doubled at my local store), $1.00 off two Starkist Tuna pouches, and 25 cents off Clorox bleach (which also doubled). These are all things I buy for my preps. My local stores ran sales with the little Wounded Warrior logo right on the sale flier. I got Domino sugar for $1.50 a bag, bleach for 95 cents, Spam for 35 cents, and tuna for 40 cents and then I got six gas cans full of discounted gasoline from all the "fuel perks" that my store offered on the items.

I utilized the Libby's deal myself, with a little creativity. Dollar General offered the Libby's veggies for 45 cents a can in November but only had corn and mixed veggies. I took their sale flier to Walmart and price matched the ad and got Potatoes and Peas (which have more nutrition) for 20 cents a can after that $1 off four coupon.

As usual... it is the forum troll that finds the deals. :)

·
Penguin Squeezer
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah unfortunately some people ruin it for the rest of us. Dollar Tree just announced recently too that they will no longer accept more than 2 internet coupons in a single transaction. I think that's a little extreme when it's as simple as checking the bar code numbers to be sure they aren't photo copied.

I know my local Dollar Tree had someone come in with over 100 coupons for one dollar off so they got the 100 items free. Apparently the manager got in a lot of trouble because the coupons were just photo copies so they lost out on the money.

I understand they have to be careful, but I wish they would get up to date and either have their check stands programmed so they can scan them in or teach their cashiers to be sure all the coupons have different codes.

Price matching is something I need to try and remember as walmart so far is the easiest place for me to use my coupons as they do scan there. Thanks for the reminder on being able to do that and thanks for all the other information as well. I have never heard of that forum so I'll have to check it out!

·
Penguin Squeezer
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I no longer patronize the krazy coupon lady's website. She no longer credits the blogs she takes coupon deals from. So some other blogger is doing the hard work of finding the deals which krazy lady then takes and acts like it's her own. Most other couponing sites are very careful to credit the source but apparently krazy lady is getting greedy.

We have a kroger affiliate grocery store so I like

www.iheartkroger.com

Also:

www.totallytarget.com (target)
www.iheartthemart.com (walmart)
www.wildforwags.com (walgreens)

But my personal fave is of course my daughter's organic/natural couponing site
(no bias of course lol)

www.growingupnatural.com

Thank you for sharing those websites! I'll have to check them out. I've tried keeping up with the sites that tell you the deals, but I find I miss out on a lot of deals that way. Most of them just have the same deals on all of them and then it takes a lot more time browsing and searching those sites then it is for me to just quickly compare my local adds.

However, it never hurts to have a few to browse from time to time so thank you for sharing those and I'll be sure to check out your daughters as well!

·
Don't Tread on Me
232 Posts
Don't forget about the drug stores. Often food is cheaper at the drug stores after deals and coupons. You can also get free or cheap shampoos, soaps, medicines. I shop at Walgreens, CVS and Rite Aid. A few weeks ago I got about 10 cans of Honey Roasted Almonds 9 oz at Walgreens for $1.25 per can.

I like Hip2Save.com for drug store deals. Go to the how to section first.

For grocery stores I found a local blog that does our local chain. I can also shop at the military commissary which saves me a fortune.

Another big one is beer rebates. There are a number of states where you don't have to buy beer to get the rebate. For instance I have one right now for $3 off $10 purchase of meat. Valid in about 10 states - all you buy is meat and send in the form and receipt. You get a check back in about 6 weeks. I have gotten back just over $1000 this year from rebates. Some great states for beer rebating are NC, AL, WV, UT, MO. Other good ones are VA, NJ, NY, KY, ME, etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am a couponer also and it does save a lot for prepping. I was able to use a lot of my stockpile toward prepping. I also did the Libby's veggies but I could only print 2 coupons so I only got 8 can but it all helps. I live in Michigan so I would like to post some good coupon finds on here if anyone is interested??

·
Registered
3 Posts
My Dollar tree has always only excepted 2 internet coupons since they started taking them. They also tried to tell me that the only excepted 2 of the same manufactured coupons but of course I had my policy with me and showed them that they were not correct. I totally agree with you, the employees need to be educated on coupons because it is a pain trying to get them to take ANY coupon. Also they have a right to deny ANY coupon so it don't matter if they can take it, they don't have to...So don't **** any of them off, lol

·
Registered
243 Posts
There are a couple of good Rite Aid deals that unfortunately end tomorrow, but which can be done without any coupons at all. You need to have the Rite Aid wellness card. These deals generate "UP" rewards that can be used on your next purchase, starting the next day but within two weeks. I opt to have my UP reward print out at the register, or you can load the rewards to your card. It is easier for me to keep track of the rewards if I have it in my hand, but some folks like them to be loaded to the card.

Anyway - Calgon Bath Beads are on sale BOGO 1/2 price. They are $2.99 at most Rite Aids, so would be $4.49 for two. Buy two and get a $4 UP reward, making it only .49 for two boxes. (If you were lucky enough to print a $1 coupon that was out earlier this month, you could actually make money on that deal.) Then, Pears soap, which is a clear orangey color complexion soap that looks like Neutragena, is on sale for $1 off its usual $3.29 price, making it $2.29, and if you buy one you get a $2 UP reward back, making it only .29 for the box of 3 big bars. ONLY the orangey color Pears works for this sale.

Don't forget, these deals end tomorrow!

·
Up to No Good
387 Posts
Wow, I need to take couponing lessons from you ladies! I tried my hand at coupons, but I wasn't very good at it. The only stellar deal I got was on toothpaste. I had a bunch of $1 off coupons and the toothpaste was $0.97 at walmart. But that's the only deal I was ever able to do. I'm impressed by the deals you all have got! Maybe I need to try again.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Cheap shredded wheat starting tomorrow at Rite Aid! If you go to couponnetwork.com hunt for the $1 off per box of Post shredded wheat - you will usually be able to print it twice if you hit your back key and refresh. Print out two, then buy two boxes of Post Shredded Wheat on sale for $5, use your two coupons, and receive a $2 UP reward. Net cost .50 a box. If you are a Rite Aid customer and have the "flu" coupon book (usually given out free with a flu shot), there is also another $1 coupon in there that you can stack with these and get your cereal completely free.

Limit of 2 deals per wellness card, so if you have access to more than one computer and can print 4 coupons, you can do it twice!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am not associated with any of the websites or the magazine I mention in this post.

I learned basic to advanced methods of couponing on Hot Coupon World. It has forums for every type of store and is then further broken down by individual store in that category. Ex. Drugstores- CVS, Rite-Aid, etc. you can also find regional grocery store forums.

http://www.hotcouponworld.com

Also, if you shop online, use a cash back service like Ebates. I can vouch for this one. I've received many checks from them. It's additional money back from online vendors and it is separate from any coupon or promo codes you may use. You get checks every quarter and it's money that you normally would not have had access to.

For online coupon codes, I check both Retail Me Not and Coupon Cabin.

If you get really into couponing and dedicated, you should try a subscription to All You magazine. It's full of coupons and mostly about money saving and household hints. The coupon totals are usually between $200 and $300 per issue, and using only a handful of coupons easily offsets the subscription price. You can also watch it the subscription to go on sale. Some of the previously mentioned blog coupon sites offer it on sale occasionally or you can create an Amazon wish list and watch for it to go on sale.

Happy couponing, ladies! Just don't do what I do - and leave your coupons at home 9 out of 10 times! =)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Couponing rocks

CVS is the easiest place to coupon for beginners. Their extra bucks rewards can be used with a cvs coupon and a manufactures coupon making it easy to stack. It's all about stacking! Plus you can roll them towards another purchase that also gives you extra bucks back. I love CVS.

I never shop without coupons anymore. Couponing and Prepping go hand in hand. Stock up while it's on sale to save money which in turn builds inventory. After a while you'll find your shopping trips to be quite easy where you will just hit "the perimeter" of your grocery store for perishables and only hit the inside isles for good stock up deals.

Very important: Don't buy simply because you have a coupon or bc it cheap or free. BUY WHAT YOU NORMALLY CONSUME. This makes it easy to rotate your stock and not let things go to waste OR waste good space.

·
Registered
28 Posts
These past few months I've started dabbling in couponing and bargain hunting. Well it's become something I really enjoyed and have been learning to save tons of money with. I've also discovered it's been a great source for finding items for prepping and stocking up on food.

I found no dedicated threads for coupon deals and bargain finds we might all know about, so I thought it might be a useful and fun one to start.

I will be sure to stop in here and update everyone when I find some awesome deals that you may be interested in. In fact I can start with one of the deals I took advantage of this morning.

This deal is also one you can take advantage of at Albertsons Possibly, as I did the same discount at Albertsons about 2 weeks ago.

--------

Using this COUPON I went to Dollar General and purchased 24 cans of Libby's canned vegetables, with an original price of $21.83 and a discounted price of only $7.00! That was a savings of just under $15 dollars!

Original Price: .85 / 1 can
Sale Price : 2 for $1
Coupon Price: $1 off 4 cans

Final Cost - .25 Each

This is awesome! I wish we had a dollar general in my area

·
Registered
28 Posts
Planters Nut-Trition peanut butter .25 cents at Dollar Tree

Today I used a .75 internet coupon for planters nut-trition at the dollar tree and got peanut butter for .25! A great prep to have and this peanut butter has additional nutritional value making it even better! Going back for more unfortunately my store limits Internet coupons to 2 a day :(

http://www.planters.com/varieties/featnutritionpb.aspx

·
Registered
279 Posts
Turkey bacon is on sale at Safeway tomorrow only, 3/$5! This is good news for people like me with pork allergies. :( I miss pork chops!

·
Don't Tread on Me
232 Posts
Walgreens has nice brand almonds and cashews bogo (9oz cans). If you buy 4 you can get the almonds for $1.75 a can. I like the honey roasted. Very good price for nuts. No coupons needed.

·
Penguin Squeezer
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok It's been awhile since i posted in here as I have started a new job and it's been taking most my time. However, I would love to still pop in from time to time so here i am.

Right now if you look in Smiths "reduced/clearance" section you can find 200 packs of unbleached Melitta coffee filters for only 50 cents each! I seen them at the two different Smiths I visited, so take a look at your local one.

Orginal Price: $2.79 Each
Dicounted Price: .50 Each

I will be doing my coupons tomorrow so I will let you guys know what else you can find this week!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts