Survivalist Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Super Moderator wearing a Cape
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
A big thanks to everyone that contributed, hopefully sharing our stories will encourage others to start preparing for themselves and their families.

It took a bit longer than expected but we finally got it narrowed down to a winner.

Congratulations to @Ghost863 who survived 4 rounds of bracket style competition to emerge victorious.

I would also like to thank our sponsor for donating the prize and our judges for their diligence and patience.

@Ghost863 look for a PM

·
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
14,878 Posts
I have been notified that I won the Labor Day giveaway and asked to choose which Knife I wanted. I am choosing the Ka-Bar in honor of the 13 service members that lost their lives When Biden Botched the withdrawal from Afghanistan. The list of their names and Ranks are as follows:

Marine Corps Lance Cpl. David L. Espinosa from Rio Bravo, Texas....Age 20
Marine Corps Sgt. Nicole L. Gee from Sacramento, California....Age 23
Marine Corps Staff Sgt. Darin T. Hoover from Salt Lake City, Utah....Age 31
U.S. Army Staff Sgt. Ryan C. Knauss from Corryton, Tennessee....Age 23
Marine Corps Cpl. Hunter Lopez from Indio, California....Age 22
Marine Corps Lance Cpl. Rylee J. McCollum from Jackson, Wyoming....Age 20
Marine Corps Lance Cpl. Dylan R. Merola from Rancho Cucamonga, California....Age 20
Marine Corps Lance Cpl. Kareem M. Nikoui from Norco, California....Age 20
Marine Corps Sgt. Johanny Rosario Pichardo from Lawrence, Massachusetts....Age 25
Marine Corps Cpl. Humberto A. Sanchez from Logansport, Indiana....Age 22
Marine Corps Lance Cpl. Jared M. Schmitz from St. Charles, Missouri....Age 20
Navy Hospital Corpsman Maxton W. Soviak from Berlin Heights, Ohio....Age 22
Marine Corps Cpl. Daegan W. Page from Omaha, Nebraska....Age 23

As you can see, the majority were in the Marine Corps and the Ka-Bar is the knife Issued to our Marines, So I thought it would be an honor to accept this and have everyone remember these 13 Brave Men and Women who lost their lives senselessly. And a very special thank you to the Judges of the contest, As @cannonfoddertfc Will tell you, it probably was not an easy job.

When the knife arrives, I will take a photo or two of it and post it in this thread. And thanks to all who participated in the contest and to the donor, Thank you very much for your generous gift. It really means more to me than you will ever know.

·
Super Moderator
Psalm 34:4
24,475 Posts
Went out in the mail today. Should see it in a couple days.
You did remember to stick the bill for the after contest mod party weekend in with the knife, right?

·
14,878 Posts
Little does he know, it is coming C.O.D.
Hey Cannon, can you spot me some cash? I have this really great knife coming and these D..... Bag Mods are trying to get party money from me...... Oh wait, your one of them, nevermind 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

·
14,878 Posts
Hey Cannon, can you spot me some cash? I have this really great knife coming and these D..... Bag Mods are trying to get party money from me...... Oh wait, your one of them, nevermind 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
Btw, just kidding about the D bag mods. You guys do a really great job here and I for one appreciate all you do and for not dinging me a few times when I deserved it. Thanks for the great job guys.

·
Registered
12,638 Posts

·
14,878 Posts
being new to prepping, I am trying to give my stepson quality tools and gear. I presented him with the Knife last night when he arrived home from his father's house. I asked him what he thought about it and he is absolutely in love with it. He says it feels great and the overall quality of it is impressive. He is very pleased with it and I am going to teach him how to care for it after this hurricane passes. I told him the reason I chose this knife and he said that makes it even more special to him because we have taught him to be patriotic and he cares for our country and our military. So I think I made a good decision about giving him the knife. I will make sure that he learns how to use it in different scenarios and I also have some hand to hand practice knives that I am going to start to teach him how to fight with a knife. Once more, A very sincere Thank You to the donor and to the judges, I haven't been this excited about something in a long time. Winning this made my year.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts