Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
The road which started my journey into preparedness started early in life. After moving from middle class normalities.
Parents chosen poverty came slowly into view. Of course, as a very young child this aspect is not identified until entering the school system. Even then, it took several years in the rural area I was raised. Recognition of the difference inspired me to begin working at the age of ten. In doing so I gained a tangible amount of independence. Skipped the comic books, BMX bikes, moon boots etc and purchased needed I would not be receiving from parents.

Later enjoyed living on the edge, traveling, different high risk employment, pay check to pay check sometimes. But began to remember my Grandfathers basement store. He was born 1918, and saw plenty of less, before plenty of more, became American. Thus had reserves of needed, shelved in the basement like a store. I loved seeing the food and supplies on hand. Instantly ready when kitchen cupboard supply was depleted. Wisely, Grandad only went to the store once a week, and it was only a ten minute drive.

Now I enjoy my own store. The shelving is taller and deeper. The diversity is far greater and selectively organic and natural (non-GMO) foods when applicable. Additionally the store has what people need for "if and when". Plenty of toiletries long before the Pandemic TP Run. From power outages to snowstorms we are, girlfriend and grown boys, a local hardware without the cashier's counter. For me and ones now accustomed to such. This is invaluable peace of mind. Easily gained at a minimal cost when frequently purchasing on sale. Peace of mind can propagate... more peace of mind and healthfully reasoned pursuit thereof.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts