Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of getting a fal because they use the same mag as my rra 308.I would appreciate any info of what to look for and to stay away from.Any info about these weapons would be appreicated.thanks

·
Registered
6,445 Posts
I am thinking of getting a fal because they use the same mag as my rra 308.I would appreciate any info of what to look for and to stay away from.Any info about these weapons would be appreicated.thanks
Check out DSA. www.dsarms.com

The example I owned was very reliable. I also owned a Century Arms Fal that wasnt worth a darn for reliability or accuracy.

11B

·
Banned
3,760 Posts
Considering one. In Europe they are (new or almost new) for €400 on the market (around $500). That's a pretty good deal. Dunno what they are in the US, but if it's a lot more then that you might be paying for more then you get.

·
Registered
6,445 Posts
I second DSA, the best new L1A1's out there.

Just remeber it is a Big Rifle, I am a L1A1 fan but it was too big for my needs, so i got the Springfield Armory SOCOM

The Socom does make for a handy rifle in the bush.:thumb: The other 2 rifles in the pic are........ Ruger 10-22, and M1Carbine.......for comparison

11B

·
Registered
59 Posts

The Socom does make for a handy rifle in the bush.:thumb: The other 2 rifles in the pic are........ Ruger 10-22, and M1Carbine.......for comparison

11B
I love the 308, i hated the 223/5.56 in the Army. I would rather hump the extra weight and have less ammo and carry a 308 over a 223.

I like your picture.

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
3rd the DSA you won't find better

Reactions: wisterboy

·
Never Give up
7,579 Posts
No century.

Some of them are ok but you would have better odds I think with the lottery. Get a DSA you cant go wrong except for the wait on some of them. Get it asap if your gona get one.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
I have handled and shot several over the years and I even own one too. Its a pretty solid gun that I really like a lot. My only complaint is the thin sheet metal lips on the magazines make them quiet fragile and suseptable to damage quiet easily. The thing I like about it the most is the egronomics of the gun. Its one of the most cofortable to handle and shoot guns I have owned. Its chambered for 308/7.62, do we need to even go there...?

·
Registered
556 Posts
I can't remember the site but you can find Imbrel receiver FAL's online for around $800, that's not bad- not sure of the quality though either. Everything I've seen online says the Imbrel receiver works fine.

EDIT- heres the link, http://www.entreprise.com/Fal/Standard Rifle.htm , and it looks like the price is higher then the last time- $999 is the cheapest listed, so yeah save up and go with DSA.

Personally- I can't afford that so if I go .308- it will be with Saiga.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts