Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1141 - 1160 of 1184 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
My advise to someone like KR is, grow a beard and longer hair. Change last name. Move to a red state and go to college for 4 yrs. By the time he finnishes with a degree, no one will recognise or care about him.
I agree.

But the main thing for me about this kid is, he's still suffering from what we might call Acute-Accumulated PTSD - not only from the night of the shootings alone, but also from the triple traumas of going through incarceration and trial, prosecutorial abuse, and the media feeding-frenzy surrounding all of it.

Not to mention being isolated 24/7 by a cadre of advisors and lawyers telling what to say, when to say it, when to twitch, and when not to. Cameras rolling on him all the time, every second.

That's a hard row to hoe even for a fully mature adult. Maybe he could've done better on Tucker Carlson, but he could've done a whole lot worse.

Think of it this way: right now, K.R. is the Flavor of the Month for those who hate him or love him. Personally I feel sorry for him. So maybe we just cut this kid a break for about, say, 10-to-15 years.

Let's let the ballon inside him deflate and allow Kyle to grow to full maturity.

What Kyle did that night mattered, because he had the right instinct leaving home and going up to Kenosha. His instinct told him that innocent, law-abiding folks and their property deserve protection from nihilistic mob looting and arson - regardless of the alleged "cause" (police misconduct).

It's just going to take a while for Kyle to realize that and to accept it ... without the guilt imposed on him by an increasingly decaying society.

He was there when it mattered and what he did was important in the long run ... because

Baseball bat Human Sports equipment Baseball glove Baseball equipment

·
Homesteader
4,167 Posts
Kyle is only 18. I certainly don't expect him to be world class on his statements at this stage of his situation. I do think he's not gotten way out of line on any thing he has said or done. Any thinking person will agree that he is not a classic racist (except the non thinking radical left might).

While he might have worded his recent statement on BLM a little differently, it was not in itself very damaging.

What would you have had him say,"I hate *******"? Not bad advice though to not say much of anything, but for a kid, he is doing well. The more I see of him, the better I like him. Although he will have a hard time beating his performance on the night that started all this. He didn't do a whole lot wrong then and not a lot wrong since. He didn't do bad in court either.

What I was not aware of was that he had spent 80 some days in jail. I thought he very quickly raised the bail money.

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Banfield: Exclusive Kyle Rittenhouse interview (~42 mins.)
[ Also on YouTube; search for:
Kyle Rittenhouse gives in-depth interview on race, regrets and acquittal: FULL INTERVIEW | Banfield ]

KR takes questions, discusses his future and his plans, etc.
Re Lin Wood, Kyle says, "He's insane!..." LOL!

Host Ashleigh Banfield is definitely on the Left, and asked a lot of questions KR wisely sidestepped.

·
Registered
14,132 Posts

·
Weed 'em and reap
31,317 Posts
The trouble is BLM isn't a peaceful organization. It's like saying I support ISIS when they aren't killing people.
That's not an analogous example, as ISIS doesn't mask their intentions. It more akin to Al Capone giving money to charity and founding schools and helping the poor as a publicity stunt. If the media had reported on Al Capone as a "philanthropist," and all people ever saw was his charitable work, while they hid his criminal empire, everyone would have supported Al Capone, because they support the kinds of things he claimed to stand for.

It's the same with BLM. "I support BLM" is perfect shorthand for, "I support honest dealings in race relations, in spite of the fact that BLM is dishonest and fomenting Marxist revolution by using racial justice as a mask to hide their myriad crimes. No, I'm not a conspiracy theorist. No, I'm not a racist. No, seriously, look at the facts. Well, the media lied to you. Yes, I am saying that all of the mainstream media lied. Well, just look at the facts. No, actual facts, not what the See B.S. Evening News told you. Stop calling me a racist."

·
Weed 'em and reap
31,317 Posts
Hi all,

Our daughter is a sophomore in high school and her Current Events class will be discussing the Rittenhouse shooting and trial after Thanksgiving break. Are there any sources where she can view the unaltered or unedited videos of the shootings? She wants to watch them in slow motion and formulate her own opinion and perspective.
She has searched Youtube for the shooting videos but all she comes up with a news media clips of the video which, frankly, she does not trust.

Thanks in advance...
More important than that is a grounding in common law. ALL of our statute law is built atop the foundation of common law, and it ties our hands. If we were to do as BLM desires and radically change the things they desire to change, it would make the rule of law incompatible with itself and defeat the basis of everything that has allowed for our prosperity.

That is to say, our law is mostly descriptive. The prescriptive merely addresses the details. We decide upon the proverbial drapes and wallpaper, but the structure can't just be cut into without the whole building collapsing.

·
Registered
14,132 Posts
Especially with the very real possibility he will face civil charges before long
For what? Killing two career criminals, one of which was a chomo, and putting a damper on the future crime ambitions by the 3rd?

Reactions: Nefarious1

·
Registered
14,132 Posts
Standard of proof is a lot lower in civil court. The dirtbags/families of dirtbags will probably pursue jackpot justice.
In this case I wouldn't be so certain. You know, that high resolution video for starters.

·
Another Brick in the Wall
1,148 Posts

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
<snip>That is to say, our law is mostly descriptive. The prescriptive merely addresses the details. We decide upon the proverbial drapes and wallpaper, but the structure can't just be cut into without the whole building collapsing.
^^ I think, for BLM & the other commie elements out there, that is the point!

1141 - 1160 of 1184 Posts