Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1121 - 1140 of 1182 Posts

·
Retired curmudgeon
21,210 Posts
It's not that he supports BLM; he supports what they claim to stand for.
Everything they "claim" to stand for is a lie and a grift. Like others have said about Kyle, I would say about blm. I'm going with their actions, not their words.

He's only 18. Give him a couple more decades (if we last that long) and lets see what he supports.

"The protest in Kenosha was not peaceful it was a riot, chaotic and violent. Many of the rioters carried guns." - Tucker
"Kyle Rittenhouse just wanted to keep violent lunatics from setting fire to cars." Tuckler
"A lot of the things he assumed were true about this country turned out to be not true at all." - Tucker
A lot of the things Kyle assumed about blm turned out to be not true at all. - Me

"I saw the video of the riots and arson going on." - Kyle
"I was upset seeing my community up in flames." - Kyle
"We were cleaning graffiti for a couple hours." - Kyle
"I see smoke coming from the Car Source that was burnt down" - Kyle

"Where were the police?" - Tucker
"There are rioters with firearms, was that obvious to you?" - Tucker

"Yes" - Kyle
"The only people I helped that night were rioters." - Kyle

"Why do you think people were burning Car Source, what does that have to do with civil rights?" - Tucker

"I don't know, I think it was opportunists taking advantage of the blm movement. I agree with the blm movement, I agree everybody has the right to protest and assemble, but I do not agree that people have the right to burn down ... I don't appreciate that people are burning down American cities to try to spread their message. I think there are other ways to go around and do that." - Kyle

Burning down American cities to try to spread their message.
blm in a nutshell.

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
My advise to someone like KR is, grow a beard and longer hair. Change last name. Move to a red state and go to college for 4 yrs. By the time he finnishes with a degree, no one will recognise or care about him.
I like your general advice, Lag, but I'd warn him away from college. They're nearly all indoctrination centers of intolerance and Leftism. You think KR is mistaken now and not very careful in saying that "I agree with BLM, etc." Want to take the chance that he comes out 4 years later believing the dangerous anti-American BS??

With what KR will likely extract from all who did him harm, he needs to invest, start some businesses, and back companies that align with his values. (Which, until & before this slight mistake in saying anything positive about the Marxist BLM, I've assumed to be relatively benign and decent. Hope he self-corrects) He's young.. He should travel and do some cool stuff before he settles down as an adult. Incog, though... He has potential enemies everywhere.

·
Registered
14,132 Posts
Heard somewhere that Rittenhouse is taking on line classes at ASU with plans to eventually enter their nursing program. I suspect his application for admission to the program will be declined.

·
Retired curmudgeon
21,210 Posts
I like your general advice, Lag, but I'd warn him away from college. They're nearly all indoctrination centers of intolerance and Leftism. You think KR is mistaken now and not very careful in saying that "I agree with BLM, etc." Want to take the chance that he comes out 4 years later believing the dangerous anti-American BS??

With what KR will likely extract from all who did him harm, he needs to invest, start some businesses, and back companies that align with his values. (Which, until & before this slight mistake in saying anything positive about the Marxist BLM, I've assumed to be relatively benign and decent. Hope he self-corrects) He's young.. He should travel and do some cool stuff before he settles down as an adult. Incog, though... He has potential enemies everywhere.
Agree 100%

He has potential enemies everywhere, especially at every university in the country. Even his online classes at Az. State. Guess who will be grading his work. Couldn't possibly be some commie gun and 2A hating woke-****.

·
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
49,382 Posts
Heard somewhere that Rittenhouse is taking on line classes at ASU with plans to eventually enter their nursing program. I suspect his application for admission to the program will be declined.
That kid will never have to lift a finger to work a day in his life after the cash starts flowing in from the defamation and libel suits.

·
Live Secret, Live Happy
16,767 Posts

I will be more specific. Move to a Red State like Oklahoma, and study Engineering or Science, at one of their land grant universities.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hi all,

Our daughter is a sophomore in high school and her Current Events class will be discussing the Rittenhouse shooting and trial after Thanksgiving break. Are there any sources where she can view the unaltered or unedited videos of the shootings? She wants to watch them in slow motion and formulate her own opinion and perspective.
She has searched Youtube for the shooting videos but all she comes up with a news media clips of the video which, frankly, she does not trust.

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
I will be more specific. Move to a Red State like Oklahoma, and study Engineering or Science, at one of their land grant universities.
I'm going to say something unpopular here. From his testimony on the stand and from his interview with Tucker... Having paid close attention to Kyle, I don't get a sense of great intelligence. Don't get me wrong, he speaks clearly and confidently. He has a strong moral sense. He knows he was in the right in defending himself. He carries himself well and is cool under fire (obviously!). I don't picture him taking calculus and differential equations, mechanics of materials, thermodynamics, etc. Maybe he just sounds young to me (everyone younger than 30 now seem like they're 12-15 y.o.!), and that's prejudicing my read on him on his intelligence. You need basic Algebra and some rudimentary chemistry and physics, and lots of hand-on training and experience to become an EMT, a nurse, or the like (I think that's what he was studying for, at ASU?). Engineering & hardcore sciences?? Likely not. Again, just an impression. I'd be absolutely ok to be shown to be wrong by KR in the future. Maybe he's a hidden Rhodes Scholar. Or, perhaps he's a whizbang with computer and/or electronics, which would serve him well in certain fields.

Whatever his chooses, a mountain of money wouldn't do him any harm, in whatever field he engages. Just nice to see a good guy have a future of potential, and not be cut short from the start.

·
Registered
738 Posts
The mute button is your friend. I tried several weeks ago to find them and couldn't really find just a video. Muting the commentary is the next best thing.

There is a video with him at the car source parking lot shooting the child rapist. That is the first defense action. The next shooting event happens on the street where he shoots the wife beater and then the felon with a glock. Those two shooting happen within seconds.

Good luck finding one without commentary.

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Smart and intelligent are not the same.

Intelligent is using polysyllabic words or doing hard math, like Chinese algebra.

Smart is how you use what you got, preferably for the betterment of Humanity.

How many successful businessmen in the past never got a High School diploma?
Trust me; I know the difference. But smarts will only get you so far in engineering school or in the hard-sciences. You must have the requisite brainpower to understand some of the headier concepts or to solve certain kinds of problems. There's no way around that. I went to engineering school (aerospace and mechanical), and let's say I found it... more than a little challenging. I'd be willing to bet less than 8-10% (I'm being generous in overestimating...) of the populace can make it thru any serious engineering school. JMO.

P.S. What da heck is 'Chinese algebra'?? Is that like doing algebra without using modern symbols, with it all written out in Chinese?! LOL.

·
Live Secret, Live Happy
16,767 Posts
Trust me; I know the difference. But smarts will only get you so far in engineering school or in the hard-sciences. You must have the requisite brainpower to understand some of the headier concepts or to solve certain kinds of problems. There's no way around that. I went to engineering school (aerospace and mechanical), and let's say I found it... more than a little challenging. I'd be willing to bet less than 8-10% (I'm being generous in overestimating...) of the populace can make it thru any serious engineering school. JMO.

P.S. What da heck is 'Chinese algebra'?? Is that like doing algebra without using modern symbols, with it all written out in Chinese?! LOL.
I have no idea if KR has the smarts to complete engineering school. Just that engineering and hard sciences do not attract liberals.

Btw, the most impressive scientists and engineers I met during my career were both both intelligent and smart.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Even KR's lawyer said that he couldn't have fought the charges without the funds that were donated to pay his bail and his lawyers. People donated to his defense because they saw the videos of him being kicked, hit by a skateboard, and having a guy pull a gun on him. Without the videos, no one posts his bail or pays his lawyers, and he's in jail for life.
The people who caused this whole mess were the political leaders in that town who decided to block the roads and hope that the looters got tired before they burned down the city. Imagine what it's like own a business in that city and to have to call someone and ask them to come protect your business so it wouldn't get burned down. Hopefully, those elected officials will be looking for new jobs after the next election. If not, the people in that town deserve what they get. If KR's smart he never sets foot in that state again. Lightening isn't likely to hit the same target twice.

1121 - 1140 of 1182 Posts