Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 1184 Posts

·
Weed 'em and reap
31,317 Posts

·
Bugged out already
4,583 Posts
Lin Wood will have him exonerated.
I'm counting on this. The young man is innocent and I hope the lawsuits make him and his excellent legal team very rich.

·
Bugged out already
4,583 Posts

·
Registered
12,379 Posts

·
Registered
34,722 Posts
Trump can't pardon him.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/outl...447f84-69ba-11e8-bf8c-f9ed2e672adf_story.html

Most pardons are funneled to the president through the Justice Department’s Office of the Pardon Attorney, which considers applications only from people who have already served their sentences. But presidents can, and do, bypass that process. In Ex parte Garland , the Supreme Court settled the question of preemptive pardons. The justices in that 1866 case decided that while pardons could reach only past acts, the pardon “may be exercised at any time after [the act’s] commission, either before legal proceedings are taken or during their pendency or after conviction and judgment.”

·
Deplorable Freedom Zealot
3,391 Posts
I actually think he needs to be worried about being transferred to WI for trial - he's in a IL juvenile facility - and most likely getting some extra attention >>> some Milwaukee jail could be dangerous as hell being marked as a white supremacist ....
Any attorney who is worth a damn will keep that from happening.

·
Registered
14,359 Posts
Bet they use the "he's retarded" defense, same as the morons who wanted to kidnap the governor. Kind of makes gun ownership look like a reverse intelligence test.
Or they could use the "He defended himself against a leftist pedophile arsonist that was trying to kill him" defense, since that's the reality of the situation.

But that would take some intelligence and an understanding of the constitution, so what would a leftist understand about that...:cool:

·
Registered
34,722 Posts
That applies only to Federal crimes.
In your rush to prove me "wrong", you failed to get your facts in order first.

Better luck next time. ;)
Don't need luck:

https://www.wklaw.com/10-ways-murder-becomes-a-federal-crime/
Under the Constitution, criminal law is mostly handled by individual states. If you are accused of murder committed in California, you will most likely be charged and tried under California’s laws. However, there are many circumstances in which killing someone can also break a federal law. In those instances, you can be tried in federal court.

These cases usually involve killings that are related to the following:

[Drug trafficking
Crossing state borders
Occur on a body of water
Are considered an attack on the U.S. government or judicial system
Not gonna happen, but 98% chance that if Trump wanted the charges moved to federal court to pardon him.... He could. They would be happy to get that political hot potato moved to " not our fault, out of our hands."

As I said....

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Don't need luck:

https://www.wklaw.com/10-ways-murder-becomes-a-federal-crime/

Not gonna happen, but 98% chance that if Trump wanted the charges moved to federal court to pardon him.... He could. They would be happy to get that political hot potato moved to " not our fault, out of our hands."

As I said....
You're still grasping at straws.

There were no crimes involving "crossing state lines".

You're showing your desperation now.

Keep trying though. It's entertaining. ;)

1 - 20 of 1184 Posts