Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
"Survivalist since Birth"
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me set the scenario. Competitive pro grade airsoft match. A guy came up behind me when I was a blatantly time out zone grabbing a drink out of the machine. The guy tells me that he will take me prisoner (worth 10 bonus pts) or he will shoot me (5 pts). So, I KM gun disarmed him minus the punches and groin kicks...and then I shot him 3 times, took the magazine out of the pistol, and told him that he could have it back once I was done with my Coke. :D::rolleyes:

I think this rather replicates a real scenario, the guy wasnt expecting it, had intentions to shoot me, and had a gun trained on me.

·
Registered
62 Posts
"...minus the punches and groin kicks..."

Just make sure you don't get into a routine of not disorienting an enemy before engaging. Common habit, that.

·
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"...minus the punches and groin kicks..."

Just make sure you don't get into a routine of not disorienting an enemy before engaging. Common habit, that.
Hehe, I wouldnt worry about that. I actually stopped from hitting him about 1 1/2 inches from his jaw and stopped the groin kick mid way to its "destination" if you will"

The disarm was a standard, gun to chest, redirect the barrel, and manipulate in a manner so that it is literally IMPOSSIBLE to hold on to the gun if it is not superglued unto your hand.

·
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And lets just say I was a pretty popular/feared guy on the course after that, people either wanted lessons or thought I was going to murder them.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Glad to hear everything worked out. The only thing that concerens me is that it sounds ("disarm WORKED") like perhaps you didn't expect that particular technique to be effective.

Hopefully just an issue of misinterpretation, but it's worth mentioning that whatever you decide to do, just do it. Hesitation or doubt can turn an effective movement into useless mush.

·
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Glad to hear everything worked out. The only thing that concerens me is that it sounds ("disarm WORKED") like perhaps you didn't expect that particular technique to be effective.

Hopefully just an issue of misinterpretation, but it's worth mentioning that whatever you decide to do, just do it. Hesitation or doubt can turn an effective movement into useless mush.
You would be correct in your misinterpretation, I used caps in order to draw attention to the subject, and after browzing a number of posts Ive noticed people often criticize that a certain move would never work. All I was intending to do was draw attention to the matter. I had no hesitation it would work, hell, I didnt even use the punches and kicks and it worked.

After practicing martial arts for over a decade I am well aware about the danger that hesitation or doubt can cause ESPECIALLY IN A GUN DISARM. If you dont do it right then and there a twitch to move might get you shot. In any sort of disarm, you only have one shot so even if you botch it your best shot is to just try to control the weapon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
triple tap

Good on ya. That was a total **** move on his part. I would occasionally play paintball with guys that did cheap stuff like that. Not everyone knows that a man and his Coke share a sacred bond. If it was me I would of done a deluxe triple tap to the groin followed by a friendly pistol whip. Would that be worth an extra 5 or 10 points? :)

·
Banned
1,121 Posts
look, no offense, being sure of your possibility is great but it has bad influence on human mind... I recommend you to keep training and not playing Rambo (in real life, paintball is cool), because one successful disarm in a paintball game don't mean you could do this again in real life situation. take in mind factors like fear, stress and the fact that any near-professional will never poke you with a gun like an idiot, usually for taking hostages you take a two-three steps distance from the suspect to avoid scenarios like that and to minimize physical contact. remember that rule: "There is always stronger or better trained man than you!" that mean that even if you had some SF martial arts training you have always the chance that the man standing in front of you is a Shaulin monk!
take care!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have taken Krav Maga for over two years now, and I can tell you what this stuff works.

A gun is worthless is you can not get to it. So Krav is always the first line and if there are more than one person trying to take me out I try to go for my weapons I carry.

One thing wins a fight every time:
1. KNOW WHAT TO DO.

it is when you freeze and have to figure out what to do is when those seconds are wasted.

Also taking Muay Thai is a great thing because it teaches your body to be hit.
Taking for about a year and it is awesome.

·
Banned
1,121 Posts
I know a little about krav maga my self, I live and serve in Israel and had one or two lessons.

that's not the thing, there is a saying that goes like that: "A jeep will get stuck in the mud where normal car will never think to go."

hope you've got the point ;) take care.

P.s. as I told, there is no semi-pro. that will poke you with a gun in your belly and wait until you disarm him... i wouldn't, and I am far from being assassin, just had some military training, there is lots of guys like me.

·
Banned
1,121 Posts
He shouldn't have pulled that, but your response was just as wrong.I play paintball and any physical contact is grounds for immediate removal from game and field.
Agreed, but whats done is done :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
That is a pretty cool opportunity to try it out. only thing that wasnt in the mix is the fear you would have had if it was a real gun, its the pause that you have for just a moment or the not know if it will work that would usually keep this from working.
BUT, its a cool story! and a great disarm, Krav Maga is one of the best martial arts around, in my opinion. Along with Muay Thai, Kali Escrima, and BJJ

·
Diamond Dog
1,504 Posts
Everyone seems to be whining and saying it wont work, yet the man proved it worked himself, So good on ya paratus, you've done well man.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts