Survivalist Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
9,614 Posts
I'm not a sports fan and never have been, but I am sorry that he lost his life. I have heard of him and knew of him, so to all of his family friends and fans I offer my sincere condolences.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
15,910 Posts
The way "the allegation" was handled made me sick, especially buying his wife the 2 million dollar diamond ring.

Cheat on your wife? So what, you can buy her off, just like he likely did his accuser.

NOT impressed. As my husband would say, bounce the ball... so what. What USEFUL skills did he have?

A lot of really good, valuable, people die every day and are not mourned 1/1,000,000 the way this man will be.

That, I find tragic.

Steve, only raped the one woman who filed charges.

·
Premium Member
4,581 Posts
The way "the allegation" was handled made me sick, especially buying his wife the 2 million dollar diamond ring.

Cheat on your wife? So what, you can buy her off, just like he likely did his accuser.

NOT impressed. As my husband would say, bounce the ball... so what. What USEFUL skills did he have?

A lot of really good, valuable, people die every day and are not mourned 1/1,000,000 the way this man will be.

That, I find tragic.

Steve, only raped the one woman who filed charges.
Tiger called it a Kobe on a Ring
That is a thing

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
15,910 Posts
I think about the unknown organ donor who gave my friend Mike his second heart... that's a hero.

·
Tested in the Wilderness
6,544 Posts
I'm not a sports fan and never have been, but I am sorry that he lost his life. I have heard of him and knew of him, so to all of his family friends and fans I offer my sincere condolences.
That is what I think also. I don't keep track too close but I barely remember some trouble he had and probably deserved.

This maybe will be a "wake up call" to many since it shows how someone can be on top of the world, have fame, fortune, health etc. etc. etc. and can lose it all quickly.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
15,910 Posts
Yeah,, I did some research, he paid off his accuser and basically admitted he did it. Went around calling himself "vino" because he had 'aged like a fine wine" WTF EGO MUCH?

I really cannot abide 99.99% of celebrities.

Reactions: SoJ_51 and Ghost863

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
9,614 Posts
Yeah,, I did some research, he paid off his accuser and basically admitted he did it. Went around calling himself "vino" because he had 'aged like a fine wine" WTF EGO MUCH?

I really cannot abide 99.99% of celebrities.
PK, if the allegations against him are true, which I never even knew of them before it was pointed out by others in this thread (as I said, I am not a fan of sports so I don't follow it too close) But if they are true and he really was a POS, it still does not detract that the Family, Friends and Fans who truly cared for him will mourn. Those people are the ones that are now suffering because of this loss. And those are the people who I am offering sympathy to. Not because I liked the man but because I have compassion on fellow humans. I remember how I felt when I heard the news that Paul Walker had been killed, it was almost like a family member had died. There are those who did not like the man but I did, so it was upsetting. That is where my sympathy goes now. To those that felt the same as I did when another celebrity that I liked passed.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
15,910 Posts
Peter was he a class act before or after he cheated on his wife by raping a woman? When he paid off the victim? Paid off his wife with a big diamond ring?

Sued his parents because they were selling his childhood stuff he had left at home?

Or maybe when he went around calling himself "vino".

He was just a man, like any other man walking the earth, and a lot better men died today we will never hear about.

I don't feel obligated to offer sympathy to paid off family members who had to be bought. Or fans who are just upset their "sure thing" is gone now.

But he will be replaced in 5 minutes by another boy wonder and kobe will just be an afterthought.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.