Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched to see if there was any other threads on here like this and couldn't find anything. So I was browsing youtube and another forum for gear nuts:D: and found a way to acid etch a knife. I figured what the hell I'll give it a try. Ignore the bad homemande jimping job I need a dremel, a right angle grinder was a little much but it still functions:rofl:. Most likely will try the acid etching again might try distilled vinegar to put small logos on my knives to know they are mine.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used letter stickers my fiancee had painted the knife with nail polish and when it was tacky I took the stickers off. but the electro etching is one I'm going to try next, pretty much white vinegar and a battery or another DC supply, but I'm not sure how well it'll work on coated/plated metal.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That explains why it looked the way it did. Really neat idea.

If you do the electro etching I would love to see your set up and pictures. I've been really amazed with some of the work I've seen so far using some very basic systems.
I tried it the other day and it kinda worked (not really). I tried using the battery method with a 9V and 7 amp 12v battery. So either I didn't get my solution right or I didn't have enough power. I might try it with a DC power supply I have but I think the current limit setting on it won't allow it to work.

I was going to try it on all 4 but after the chive was an utter failure I decided against it.

and this is the best I got you can see where I try it with the 9V but the 12v battery did do a little bit better of a job

on a side note while I was frustrated with the electroethcing my fiancee asked if I can do something with her delica and this is what I got

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.