Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
V
21,713 Posts
lol 28 hits and no responses I guess a couple or more noses have been put out of joint.

I havent read the whole thing including all the links as yet but I had to agree for the most part on that which I have read.
Training and experience are two different games, but that pretty much goes for any combat art, its not a new train of thought its just an unpopular one because of the mall ninja, dojo junkie communities. Whilst training can help you gain experience, it wont do alot of good against someone who is already a Proficient/Experienced combatant.

Thanx for sharing the artical Jhean5

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are more than welcome. If you have ever cut yourself with a knife, you know how much bleeding is involved..lol. I had a guy pull a knife on me one time. Luckily he was the sort who was only interested in showing me he meant business. I did not do anything foolish like trying to disarm him. What if he slashed and cut an artery or worse? That was going through my mind while slowly backing away and leaving him alone. And as the site points out, even if he is the one wielding the weapon and I am stupid enough to willingly engage him, I am possibly charged with assault too.

So, instead of acting the full who thinks himself invincible, I acted smartly and no one got hurt.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
dont bring a knife to a gun fight comes to mind...

when it comes down to it most self defence can be helped with a knife or gun because the person attacking will go hmmm hes got a weapon and i dont time to flee or risk geting hurt.. i have messed around with friends in mock knife fights we put paint on sticks that were knife shape and size to see what would happen and ya on or 2 hits you down fast..

i have had a knife pulled on me once.. and that guy paid dearly.. i was leaning against the lockers and talking to my friend when 2 people came up from behind and decided they wanted to rob be told me they had a knife and had something pointed in my back i stood up striaght waited till he went into my pocket and then i turned around and hit the knife out of his hand as it was in my lower back then swong back and hit him in the elbow and knocked him out cold. his buddy was like o crap and then i beat the crap out of him as well when it was all said and done cops came and arrested them both for robbery and they were supprized i defend my self so well said it was stubid of me to do it should of let them rob me the irony was i had nothing at all on me at the time i just didnt like beening threatend thinking about it now i should of just let them take it and run but i was young and foolish and rembered what i was taught when it came to self defence with a knife.. now if they stabed me as i turned they would of won easly.. or if i cut my hand on the knife when i turned and knocked it out of their hand i could of been in trouble.. but i manged to suprize them and get some revenge quickly plus they got jail time for it 3 months which is bs considering they tried to rob someone with a knife and said i will cut you if you turn around... i have been in fights defending friends that get attacked by a group of people i have some fighting experance now most people that cause trouble have strenth of numbers i have strenth of stubidy plus rageing mad.. when i get really mad and fight nothing maters and i have had a broken hand and i kept fighting with the bone sticking out i kid you not this guy manged to get me angry enoff to keep fighting with a broken hand.. he gave up and we left it at that though because i belive in fair fights i dont do cheap shots and fight fair the problem is the person attacking me wont fight fair but i will and once they give up its over

is someone wants something and they have a knife just drop your wallet in front of them and run unless you got some distance and a gun siting beside your wallet..

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Thanks for this post. I own more knives than I can count. I love to collect knives. I see them as a useful tool as well as an artistic statement. I do carry a knife everyday because they come in handy for so many things. There's an old saying that goes, "if you live by the sword, you will die by the sword." I mull that statement over in my mind often. When a person sets out to show how "bad" or macho he is, sooner or later he's gonna come across someone who's "badder" and more macho.

All anyone needs to do is Google "knife wound pics" and you will get a taste of what a serious knife wound looks like. I would much rather die by a bullet wound to my head than by a slice across my guts. Knife fighting is not all fun and games. It may be necessary in a survival only situation so I believe we should have some knowledge and skills in that department but keep your knowledge and skills to yourself in the real world. Don't flaunt it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts