Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a small project I completed today to kill some time.

I had an extra slightly used firesteel lying around. So I cut off a section of some antler I had and drilled a couple holes. Then I mounted about half an inch of the firesteel into the antler with Devcon 2 ton epoxy. The striker I made from a hacksaw blade I had also lying around.

·
Unlocked and loaded
1,161 Posts
Very cool Leif,

That is a very nice firesteel and striker combo. You could make some money with those, as long as the antlers, didn't run out.

Keep your senses sharp and your weapons clean, loaded and ready.

·
Registered
249 Posts
First off that looks awesome!

i was planning on making one for the canoe by taking a small blob of Great Stuff, you know the house insulation in a can? and then forming it into a blob with the firesteel in the end and then dipping that in liquid plastic to make a float. bright colors would work well im thinking.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
First off that looks awesome!

i was planning on making one for the canoe by taking a small blob of Great Stuff, you know the house insulation in a can? and then forming it into a blob with the firesteel in the end and then dipping that in liquid plastic to make a float. bright colors would work well im thinking.
You could also try some natural cork as well. It will float very well and look great! Grab a wine bottle top and drill a hole. Devcon epoxy the rod end and shove it in til its dry and presto!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts