Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Everyone has a right to defend themselves, their loved ones and their necessities.

Some have asserted that they would not kill, in order to defend their necessities, but I would ask,

"If those necessities are indeed essential for the sustenance of your loved ones' welfare, are they not worthy of being defended, even to the death, if necessary?"

Some have stated that, one never knows how that they will act and react, when finding themselves under real duress. I grant that to be quite true and proffer that, based upon personal experience, in some situations one can find themselves doing that which was never even conceived of. Such induces a rather sobering self reassessment and deep introspection, indeed.

Such can induce quite a shock. You learn much about yourself.

As I have enunciated, I find it appalling that some would have no moral compunctions about raiding, RAPING and pillaging other human beings who are also trying to survive. I find that to be nauseatingly childish and pitiful.

Such a mentality makes us no better than ANIMALS.

It sews the seeds for a society which is bereft of mercy, honor, character, integrity, love and kindness.

Are we not better and capable of more than this, as human beings??

Some sort of an organized society will eventually come into fruition, after calamitous times - is THIS what we wish for our future generations??

THIS woman does not at all want to see this happen.

I have voiced contempt for, in my pain and agony of recollections, the 'milk of human kindness'. But I spoke from a state of high emotion, unfairly and inappropriately universalizing my contempt. The fact is, is that there is indeed MUCH good in probably MOST people.

Anger and pain drives one to think and say the wrong things; what can I say, for I am only a human being who is beset with the usual human weaknesses?

Intellectually, I know that human beings have been and are capable of manifesting far better than mere 'base' behavior and mere animalistic instinct.

To kill another human being in order to steal their preparations REEKS of immaturity and small-mindedness and I will show no mercy, should any of these 'come calling' on either me or my people.

I will have NONE of it.

Do we really want a society which is devoid of love and kindness, in their countless manifestations and permutations?

I surely do not. As human beings, we are FAR better than that.

·
Inglourious Basterd
2,966 Posts
I attribute much of the plunder and pilage views on this site to ignorance, youth , too much xbox ,play station and hollywood B.S. I don't take much heed in the Rambo wanna bes on here , most of them will be wimpering in the corner of a basement just like the rest of us come Calamity time.And the one's who do end up persuing a life of murder ,rape and pilferage, will meet their fate in short order.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
It really depends on the scenario that we are in. If things are extremely (BLEEP)ed, I'll drop a tree across the road leading in. Right in the middle of that road, I'll staple a target with several bullet holes through it. The basic message is--cross this path any further and you'll meet your maker; I'm holed in with my family.

Now if things are simply hard (e.g. an economic depression), then you're likely going to see me helping out in the community and sharing what I can afford. Basically it boils down to whether supplies & goods are flowing.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I attribute much of the plunder and pilage views on this site to ignorance, youth , too much xbox ,play station and hollywood B.S. I don't take much heed in the Rambo wanna bes on here , most of them will be wimpering in the corner of a basement just like the rest of us come Calamity time.And the one's who do end up persuing a life of murder ,rape and pilferage, will meet their fate in short order.
In other words, sir, you are suggesting that such drivel is being effused by those of psycho-emotional immaturity, based upon a rather skewed perception of REALITY of both life and of themselves.

I could not agree more.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I don't plan to pillage that's why I'm prepping other wise why bother however if some one wants my stuff that's a different story. Course I'm pretty far from a pacifist and always have been. Steal your things no. Steal my things no. Simple as that. If my supplies get lost I'll be looking for oddly enough empty houses (could be an issue with the number of people talking about Grey manning it when the SHTF) when I'm urban and Wild game when rural. I'm gaining skills in gathering food from the wild in case reading mostly will be doing some gathering in the spring, summer, and fall starting next year.

·
V
21,713 Posts
+1 to that agree 100% :thumb:

Some have stated that, one never knows how that they will act and react, when finding themselves under real duress. I grant that to be quite true and proffer that, based upon personal experience, in some situations one can find themselves doing that which was never even conceived of. Such induces a rather sobering self reassessment and deep introspection, indeed.
That statement is usually reserved for the forum Rambo's, thinking their going to be the "Post Apoclyptic Sniper" roaming the waste land of america defeating the zombie hoards at 2k. Not usually to the people who claim they wont kill to protect thier loved ones, although the statement holds true for those too.
As I have enunciated, I find it appalling that some would have no moral compunctions about raiding, RAPING and pillaging other human beings who are also trying to survive. I find that to be nauseatingly childish and pitiful.

Such a mentality makes us no better than ANIMALS.
Kids are kids they think its macho, they will learn. End of the day this is happening now as you read this, the best we can do is prepare and try to EDUCATE the few.
I have voiced contempt for, in my pain and agony of recollections, the 'milk of human kindness'. But I spoke from a state of high emotion, unfairly and inappropriately universalizing my contempt. The fact is, is that there is indeed MUCH good in probably MOST people.

Anger and pain drives one to think and say the wrong things; what can I say, for I am only a human being who is beset with the usual human weaknesses?
Why get so bent out of shape because someone else is making themselves look like an idiot? Better to remain calm and try to educate them on the error of thier way of thinking :D:
Intellectually, I know that human beings have been and are capable of manifesting far better than mere 'base' behavior and mere animalistic instinct.
Maybe/ Maybe Not as I said and as you are no doubt aware its happening NOW, before the balloon goes up so to speak so better get used to the idea its going to happen and then some should there be an absense of law and order.
To kill another human being in order to steal their preparations REEKS of immaturity and small-mindedness and I will show no mercy, should any of these 'come calling' on either me or my people.

I will have NONE of it.
As I say its happening, immaturity? no! boasting about it is imature I'll grant you, and IMHO those people who's plan A or even B is this course of action shouldnt be here, they'e not survivalists. If they come calling on you however Lady F then I hope you have prior warning of thier intentions alas this will probably not be the case unless they have numbers or surprise on thier side.
As human beings, we are FAR better than that.
Nice sentiment but alas for the most part NO we're not, the amount of times I see acts of greed, selfishness and spite NOW before anything bad on a grand scale happens EVERY SINGLE DAY, the amount of times Ive read "well if anyone comes to my door for a hand out they'll meet the business end of ole Bessy my 12 bore" or some such from the same people who frequent the religous section of these boards is really quite sad. SO Lady F I'll have to disagree we are not FAR better than that, when you strip away the fancy trimming of civilization we are animals.

In summary nice rant thanks for sharing your thoughts :thumb:

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
I think two other elements can also come into play. Competence and confidence. The unconfident and the incompetent are more inclined to want to kill because that is their only personal option. I don't have to kill the other guy to get by.

Also, they tend to be the Rmabo boys who don't realize helping each other to survive is better than killing each other to survive.

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
I think two other elements can also come into play. Competence and confidence. The unconfident and the incompetent are more inclined to want to kill because that is their only personal option. I don't have to kill the other guy to get by.

Also, they tend to be the Rmabo boys who don't realize helping each other to survive is better than killing each other to survive.
after a statement like that it is hard to believe you support unnecessary wars.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think we've got much more to worry about than killing each other for a bag of food or a trespass. It seems there are plenty of folks EAGER to start shooting when the SHTF. If for example we start shooting anyone within sight of our property that prevents the neighbors from coming by to inform us that a family member has shown up at their place and needs your help. It forces the neighbors to remain in their homes and basically take the same stance. Shoot anyone in sight! It will then force you to remain in your home or be shot on sight! Come on folks! Is that what you want?

If the SHTF occurs on a major scale, it's going to be a marshal law situation! All your rights and privileges as we know them will be gone! We've already seem what the government is and isn't capable of in the recent disasters. Mandatory evacuations, refusals to let folks return to THEIR homes, home searches and weapons confiscations. Utilities and phones will most likely be out. Accurate info on whats happening and status may be impossible to get! You can't just hop on the phone and find out if your family is alright!

Think also about the rest of the world. Is there any country on this earth that wouldn't revel at the collapse of the US? Do you think are enemy's will cut us some slack in our time of need? Beside the collapse of our society we may also face attacks from outsiders that want to help the collapse along. Things may get really really ugly!

It seems to me if we're all fighting each other, we won't have a chance in hell at saving our country! If marshal law is enacted, it seems to me that folks are going to want and need the help and cooperation of each other to make things work again. No man is an island and there's only so long you can live in a RAMBO FANTASY! There's always someone bigger and badder just down the street. How long will it be before a bigger RAMBO makes it to your house? And when your fantasy dies, you and your family die with it!

Seems like an old saying but it's just as relevant now. United we stand, divided we fall! Our government will be busy looking out for themselves and I don't think we can count on them for any type of help. If we don't start acting for ourselves we are doomed. Seems to me we may need some local coalitions. Communities that are preparing for themselves. Community food banks. Community fuel supplies. Community medical services. and so on.

If we try and solve all the nations problems at once they become overwhelming! If we instead try and solve our problems on a community level it becomes a much smaller and easier task. If then all communities begin to look out for themselves the national problems just got much smaller!

I think in the times ahead we need to stand together and not waste our time and effort killing each other for bags of food and trespass!

I know, it's just an opinion and everyone's got one! I just hope we all fight are problems and not each other!

My $0.02 cents

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
You know where I stand on this. When we drop to the level of the mob we lose. An educated Survivalist can do great things. Fear is our greatest enemy. WE fear what we do not understand. there will be people who will kill rather than prepare and be part of society. In crisis you see both the good and the bad come out in people.

When they do lic to carry courses you see some people who crave carrying a gun in order to be able to shoot someone. I have carried for many years and never wanted to kill another human being. That does not mean I will not do it. It simply means I will use my gun to protect myself and my loved ones and my friends and the helpless. You hurt a kid or a woman and your ass is ours down here.

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
It really depends on the scenario that we are in. If things are extremely (BLEEP)ed, I'll drop a tree across the road leading in. Right in the middle of that road, I'll staple a target with several bullet holes through it. The basic message is--cross this path any further and you'll meet your maker; I'm holed in with my family.

Now if things are simply hard (e.g. an economic depression), then you're likely going to see me helping out in the community and sharing what I can afford. Basically it boils down to whether supplies & goods are flowing.
Tree..okay... target? Let's them know you are armed. Wouldn't you be better off letting them find out via a surprise?

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
after a statement like that it is hard to believe you support unnecessary wars.
You think the war in Iraq et al is unnecessary. I think otherwise because it is not a war, but a large battle, and one of many to follow because the Muslims are not going to stop the Islamic War. I think these battles are more than necessary. They are imperative, and so much so that even his Highness Obama won't be able to stop them despite his rhetoric.

They are essentially acts of self-defense. Self defense is a far different issue than murdering someone for prep because you did not prepare.

·
Happiness is 2 at low 8
1,403 Posts
Let me say that few of us know to what levels we'll stoop when our backs are to the wall. You may not be willing to kill someone else for their food to feed yourself, but will you be able to kill some old guy like me in order to feed your starving children? I don't know and I doubt you do either... Hopefully we'll never find out.

Allan

·
Crazy old man
1,287 Posts
As others have said I will not kill to restock. With any luck and planning I'll be able to grow what I need.:thumb:

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Well put, sir.

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
You think the war in Iraq et al is unnecessary. I think otherwise because it is not a war, but a large battle, and one of many to follow because the Muslims are not going to stop the Islamic War. .
you do realize that pre invasion Iraq was not an Islamic state, right?
It was a secular country.
Hussein and Islamic extremists were enemies.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts