Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Millions face being struck down by a deadly winter vomiting bug sweeping the country. You may remember this same vomiting bug struck last year, however experts are saying itr could be even worse this time.Scores ...

More...

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Umm, sounds like a normalish bug to me, the elderly and kids? Isn't that most diseases?

"The illness can prove deadly for the vulnerable – children and the elderly."

There's a bug like that going around here, maybe not as strong, but the exact same symptoms.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Maybe they've got a lot of old flu vaccine sitting on the shelf and they want to scare everyone into getting a jab of mercury?

·
Semper non compos mentis
1,578 Posts
Common and nasty

Umm, sounds like a normalish bug to me, the elderly and kids? Isn't that most diseases?

"The illness can prove deadly for the vulnerable – children and the elderly."

There's a bug like that going around here, maybe not as strong, but the exact same symptoms.
Yep, I think you're right LS1. Norovirus is common. This short article is worth a read.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norovirus

"Only the common cold is reported more frequently than viral gastroenteritis as a cause of illness in the U.S. Although viral gastroenteritis is caused by a number of viruses, it is estimated that noroviruses are responsible for about 1/3 of the cases over the 6-to-24-month age group. In developing countries the percentage of individuals who have developed immunity at an early age is very high. In the U.S. the percentage increases gradually with age, reaching 50% in the population over 18 years of age. Immunity, however, is not permanent and reinfection can occur. Recent studies demonstrate that blood types B and AB confer partial protection against symptomatic infection.[20][21]"

I guess the thing I would be concerned about is that it can be transmitted via aerosolized means, like coughs, vomits etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts