Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well first I had to deal with protecting my garden from deer so I built a 7+ foot tall fence. Then a couple days ago I got hit by a rabbit. Ate all my broccoli and some of my beans. Today I shot the little devil in the neck with my 22. He lived in a bush about 30 feet away from the garden. Tonight o raider of my garden I dine on your flesh!

·
Who Watches the Watchmen?
7,204 Posts
TONIGHT WE DINE IN HELL!

great job killing the intruder.

you are now awarded one pound of WABBIT meat.

·
Really?
16,125 Posts
I'd rather raise meat and trade for veggies than the other way around........nice sized rabbit, we have a dozen of those roaming the place( but we don't have a garden). Come Fall, they'll be in the stew pot.......I'd say 2 1/2 lb of meat and a 1/4 lb of innerds.......

·
Registered
282 Posts
i've seen a few around here lately, not sure if its a hare or a rabbit...have been thinking about putting up some mesh once i get something besides tomatoes planted - they didn't bother the tomatoes last year so i guess they don't like them..

what was that bugs bunny recipe where that guy(yosemite sam?) wants cook him - hossenfepper?

·
Registered
173 Posts
We used the recipe last night for a "domestic" rabbit that was bought at the farmers market. Turned out really good. Served with mashed potatoes.

Cut the rabbit up into quarters or 6th's (thighs, breast, etc)

1/2 cup olive oil in a frying pan on low-medium. Brown the rabbit just a little, put into baking pan. salt/pepper.

2 cups sliced mushrooms, 1 cup shallots or 1 onion, diced, goes into frying pan with left over olive oil. Add a little more if needed. 2-3 minutes in pan, then add to the baking pan with rabbit.

Add 1/3 cup A.P. Flour.

Add 1 cup tomato sauce

Add 1 cup red burgundy or pinto noir wine

add 1-2 cups beef broth.

Add pinch of time and parsley, or I'd say roughly 1-2 tsp of each if fresh.

Stir it all together so its good and mixed. Want the flour to be well incorporated, as thats gonna be your sauce/gravy

Cover in tin foil, in the oven at 350 for 2-3 hours, stir every hour or so. Meat should come off the bone when ready.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts