Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Scarred for life...
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in early August I took my kids school shopping and got them both some new clothes.

My son who is 12 was wearing a size 10 pants that day that were fairly tight on him. He tried on a size 12 and they fit so I ended up getting 4 pair of size 14 just in case. I figured he could always wear a belt if it came to that and I wouldnt have to buy a new size pants this year.

Well today he comes to me and says none of his pants fit him anymore.

Well we just went through 11 pair of pants and he was right. I only found three pair that fit him and they were all size 16 that my mom bought him at a sale a few weeks ago.

He is 12 years old and weighs 114 pounds. He has no fat...NONE. They check that at the Pediatrician because of some meds he has to take for asthma and his body fat percentage was 3% the last time they checked.

That means he went from a size 10 to a size 16 (loose) in 4 months.

I cant afford to get him a lot more clothes. Im just going to get him two pair and let him wear them out and wash clothes more often or something. At this rate he will have outgrown them in a few months anyway.

I was hoping puberty wouldnt hit him for a few more years....

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I know the feeling, with a 14, 15 and 16 year old.
They are all living in a townhouse now ,working and having to buy their own clothes.
Suddenly the second hand shops seem more appealing to them than new things.

·
Guardian of Liberty
435 Posts
There may be a chance of some good news here. Some people reach their full adult size fast. I'm 33 and still wear some clothes I had as a freshman in HS. I was 5'8" then and still am, had a 34 waist then have a 32 now, was 180lbs then and am 205lbs now. Through 6th and 7th grade though, my poor parents had to keep me on only one pair of blue jeans and a whole lot of sweat pants. Sweat pants saved their wallets quite a bit.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
hell, my ex wifes nieces all got their periods between 7 and 9

1 - 4 of 4 Posts