Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what your thoughts are on kids getting immunizations? Do you think some vacines, like smallpox, would be helpful to have in a survival situation, or do you choose not to immunize your kids?

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you knew the ingredients in the majority of these vaccines you would not immunize...horse urine to name one.....ewwww.....if you did the amount of research that I have, you would not immunize.....many doctors do not immunize....In my honest opinion that is the main reason that a lot of children nowadays are mentally handicapped and in wheel chairs....i am only 43 and that kind of stuff was not so frequent when I was in school...
Goodnight, it is past my beddy bye time...

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
I know the thread was about kids being immunized but I thought the article below was interesting. I did vaccinate my kids but not on the dr's timetable. I'm not convinced that they should all be required. There is a lot of debate about illnesses that are coming back (thought were wiped out yrs ago) due to the number of people not vaccinating. I think it has more to do with the number of immigrants who were never immunized. IMHO

Flu shots a tough sell to health care workers
By MELANIE S. WELTE
Associated Press
Thursday, October 16, 2008

Operating room nurse Pauline Taylor knows her refusal to get a flu shot is based on faulty logic.

But ever since she got sick after getting a shot a few years ago, she’s sworn off the vaccine.

University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics operating room nurse Pauline Taylor, outside her home in Iowa City, knows her refusal to get a flu shot is based on faulty logic, but ever since she got sick after getting a shot a few years ago, she’s sworn off the vaccine.University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics operating room nurse Pauline Taylor, outside her home in Iowa City, knows her refusal to get a flu shot is based on faulty logic, but ever since she got sick after getting a shot a few years ago, she’s sworn off the vaccine.

“I rarely get sick. The only thing I could narrow it down to is that I had gotten this shot,” said Taylor, who works at University Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City in Iowa. “I know that it’s not a live virus. It just seemed pretty coincidental.”

Such stories frustrate Dr. William Schaffner. As chairman of the Department of Preventive Medicine at Vanderbilt University, he hears that kind of talk frequently and knows it’s in part to blame for a surprising statistic — nearly 60 percent of health care workers fail to get a flu shot. That’s despite recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that all health care workers get vaccinated, from hospital volunteers to doctors.

The nonprofit group educates the public and health care industry about the causes, treatment and prevention of infectious diseases. It gets about 75 percent of its budget from major vaccine makers, but executive director Len Novick said the money comes with no strings attached.

Schaffner said health care workers opt not to get vaccinated for the same reasons others are hesitant. Some also don’t realize how easily they can spread the disease, sometimes before they know they’re infected or even if they have only a mild case.

And, he said, there’s the “myth” that you can get flu from the vaccine.

I just copied points of interest (mine). You can read the entire story here
http://www.ajc.com/wednesday/content/health/stories/2008/10/16/flu_healthcare_workers_hardsell.html

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
Vaccines are smart. Clustering them is not. We cluster them in the US because that is how insurance pays for them. They don't cluster in Europe. Europe does not have the vaccine issues we have in the US. Insurance company policies are to blame. Vaccines are great. They just need to be spaced out more.

·
Registered
226 Posts
We have five boys and one of them has Chron's and it was most likely cause from the DPT Vaccine. After his big reaction from it, I started reading up on in and so from then on we spaced the vaccines out for our boys. But won't do the Pertussis.
I interviewed lots of Dr.s to find one who would not bully me when it came to vaccines. I believe in them....just not so close together. I can't see how a two month old babies body can ward of 5-7 disease's at once. That's just insane.

·
NRA Instructor-Ohio CCW
3,169 Posts
We have six kids and did not immunize any of them. My wife is strongly opposed to immunization. I was not. My undergrad degree is in Biochemistry and I have a decent understanding of how vaccines work.

Before the birth of our first child, I read an anti-immunization book my wife gave me. I am not convinced one way or the other on the conjecture that immunizations do harm.

However, what I realized was that based on a cost-benefit analysis, immunizations do not make sense.

I do not see any reason to immunize against normal non-lethal childhood diseases like chicken pox. The deadly diseases such as Polio and smallpox, do not exist in the USA, so why take the chance and immunize against them?

·
Feed Yourself
73 Posts
Vaccines are smart... Vaccines are great.
Which vaccines are best though? The ones with Mercury or without? Is there a benefit to the mercury. What do rat poison and the HPV (HPV vaccine is currently being pushed on girls as young as nine and is even being considered for men and boys) vaccine have in common? The answer is a hazardous chemical known as sodium borate. Its a shame that the total duration of protection for vaccines is unknown - oh well! I'm just glad that there is no larger mechanism of control and persuation that invites people to look past side effects, chemical composition, and actual efficacy. Please note sarcasm.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
My kids have had the immunizations on the schedule, except my youngest 2 children. Over the past 18 years the recommended vaccines have changed, my oldest does not have the Hep B series, as that was not a part of the schedule when she was a baby. My youngest 2 do not have the chicken pox vaccine. My oldest 2 kids HAD the chicken pox, and survived to tell about it, amazing isnt it?

My youngest is due for more shots before school starts next year and I am opting out for the vaccines. I will just sign a waiver for her school. I have a learned a lot over the last years, and my Dr is strong on pushing for all the recommend + more. With what I know now, I cant justify putting that garbage in my kids bodies.

Like I said, my Dr. is very pro vaccine and the powers that be keep mandating more and more vaccines every year. I would not let her pressure me into getting my daughter the new Gardasil or the pnemonia vaccines and flu shots.

Also, there is no point in argueing it or getting into a debate with any Dr over the vaccines, they think they know it all. (In my opinion, they are just as brainwashed and ignorant as the general population) Just switch your Dr, and save your breath if you have to.

·
Doomsayer
4,048 Posts
If you want sickness and a beaten-down immune system, vaccinate.

My kids are as strong as horses, both in the 95 percentile for height, and have been from day one. Son is 16, 6'4" tall, daughter 15, 5'9" tall.

No vaccinations for them, other than the ones they administered to them in the hospital without consulting us first.

Usual childhood illnesses; chicken pox, etc.

Vaccines should be avoided at all costs.

·
Mother of One.
234 Posts
So far I've been doing selective vaccination and spacing those that my child has received very far apart.

That may be changing soon though, as WIC requires the children who receive their benefits to be vaccinated on schedule (or so I'm told. I will have to do more research on this. Anyone with more info please let me know.) I would like to not be on WIC, and I would like to not pump harmful things into my young child's system. However, with zero child support coming in, a sh*t paying job that just told me that I will not be getting an annual raise this year, and a very quickly diminishing savings account, I may have to resort to that. :(

For those that are looking at the necessity of vaccinations I recommend checking out what Dr. Sears has to say about them. His website with ordering info for his very well written book called The Vaccine Book is located here: http://askdrsears.com/thevaccinebook/

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My kids had all their immunizations as babies but I draw the line at the chicken pox and Gardisil "vaccines". I think they're just another excuse for the doctors to make more money. When my youngest was a year old, we found out she was allergic to eggs. . .flashback to when she had a bad reaction to the MMR vaccine. . . and it clicked with me. I've been told MMR shots had egg in them, and the flu shot, too. The allergy doc told us NOT to let her get the flu shot because of this. Interesting.

By the way, I recently got a call from the pediatrician's office wanting to set up an appointment for one of the kids. I asked why, as my kids aren't sick, and the response was, "we like to have well-child visits every so often to keep track of their growth." Huh? I told them to forget it. Why should I give them money to tell me my kids are growing? Are they that hard up for cash, that they need to call and solicit appointments? Weird. My youngest is in the second grade, so it's not like they are babies anymore. It might have something to do with homeschooling, I don't know.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
I am getting suspicious of the immunisation for cervical cancer they have here in Aus. Two of my daughters and a friend had them and are getting problems with their cycles. My other daughter hasn't and shes fine just wondering if this is a coincidence or if other women have had any problems?

·
Feed Yourself
73 Posts
I am getting suspicious of the immunisation for cervical cancer they have here in Aus. Two of my daughters and a friend had them and are getting problems with their cycles. My other daughter hasn't and shes fine just wondering if this is a coincidence or if other women have had any problems?
Good thinking Zeet - go learn as much as you can. For instance: did you know the HPV vaccine shares a common hazardous ingredient found in rat poison. Of course... some of the severe effects of ingesting sodium borate mimic the 'side effects' of HPV...read article

http://www.naturalnews.com/024872.html

I'm sure, with some effort, you can form the educated opinion regarding vaccines that the drug companies want to prevent you from doing.

It is your choice, after all.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
My girls only had Diptheria and Polio, everything else I said no to.
I have focussed on their immune system being buil up rather than tearing it down with rat poison ,mercury and other poisons , let alone pigs, monkeys and horses products added.
I have watched dvds given to me by a friend on the effects of immunizations in Africa.
this documentaries talked about the hidden agendas behind the humanitarian immunization schemes.
About half my friends never bother with needles for their children,the other half did, and i cant tell the difference much in health of either.
I do know of a child local though, who became autistic after his immunizations, and they blamed the high levels of mercury in th drugs used.I dont think they won their case, but it did cause alot of people to think.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I refuse to vaccinate. Instead, I trust my daughter's body and it's ability to grow as intended when nourished as intended. Likewise, she does not ingest chemicals disguised as "food".

·
Permanently gone
1,720 Posts
My one and only granddaughter is autistic (high functioning, though and doing better all the time!)

She was fine at birth, fine at 6 months, starting to toddle around a bit holding onto furniture and saying mama, dada and *pitty* (for kitty) at 11 month mark. Sitting up fine, crawling like a speed demon.
Then she got her 1 year shots.
Three hours after the shots she got a fever. Doctor said it was "normal".
She ran a low grade fever for 3 days, then it spiked, she was rushed back to Dr.s office, he said it was still "not unusual".
7th day, fever was gone.
So were the attempts at walking and talking. No more crawling or sitting up, either.
She just laid there like a newborn.
She was diagnosed with autism 2 months later.

Took her until 3 before she could sit up on her own, 4 before she said "mama" again. At 4 1/2, she took her first wobbly steps since she was 11 months old.

She is 7 now and in school. Her talking is MUCH better, as is her walking. Loads of therapy. Still having social interaction problems, but they are working on it.
Will she ever be *normal*. We don't know. The doctors won't say one way or another.

If I had a child today, no way in HELL would they be vaccinated. My kids got their shots, but I insisted on spacing the shots, European style. I also did NOT allow the oral polio, that stuff is lethal! I had injection polio vaccine for all mine. And I opted out of some of the vaccines for them that I thought were useless/dangerous.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts