Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was Given a Khukuri by a nepalese guy ( former Ghurka ) at Christmas.
Thought you chaps would like a look see.
Its a very sharp thing, looks like it was made on a small scale forge, There is evidence of laminating the metals. The handle is the usual buffalo horn everythinfg you would expect from a Khukuri really, plus some nice engraving and a plaque with the guy that gave me on a presented by piece of scroll work.
Happy New year all.
Para

Attachments

·
V
21,713 Posts
Thats nice.............. thats very nice.................. Thats Very VERY NICE:thumb:

I look at that and think about the changes I had to make to mine, that I wouldnt do to that :D:

·
Registered
439 Posts
Beautiful blade! I'd be proud to carry it.

Might I make one small suggestion? When taking close-up pictures, try to move back just a tad, then enlarge the photo on your computer and crop it. This will allow you to see detail nice and sharp. :)

·
cute is not always enough
2,232 Posts
I don't think I'd be dragging that beauty to the woodlot.
From the look of the smudges on the blade bevel it looks like someone may already have. Decoration is fine and all but if I can not take it to the wood lot (if I have to) then the thing is just ugly. It looks like a very nice knife.

·
15T :)
505 Posts
I was Given a Khukuri by a nepalese guy ( former Ghurka ) at Christmas.
Thought you chaps would like a look see.
Its a very sharp thing, looks like it was made on a small scale forge, There is evidence of laminating the metals. The handle is the usual buffalo horn everythinfg you would expect from a Khukuri really, plus some nice engraving and a plaque with the guy that gave me on a presented by piece of scroll work.
Happy New year all.
Para
are the Ghurkas still serving britain? just wondering

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Guys,
Pfc Wilson. Yes they are still with us one recently got killed in Afghanistan. They are a great bunch of blokes, completely fearless and quite devoted to Britain and the Queen. More than a lot of us Brits are these days. Very loyal , humble guys.
P

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
I bought one in the 70's to support the Gurka Pension Appeal . It's one of my favourite knives. It was quite roughly finished when I bought it. I've since made it look presentable .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.