Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Green Eggs and Spam
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OH HOLLY MOLLY this tastes like three day old road kill smells!!!

SPIT IT OUT IN LESS THEN TWO SECONDS.

The eleven 'erbs and spices on the OUTSIDE of the product sent conflicting signals ... but the rancid taste of the meat was overwhelming.

I have NEVER before had food that terrible in my entire life.

Don't know if my contact was long enough to cause a problem; going to drink a LOT of alcohol to attempt to offset any chance of getting sick.

Just for info:

Went to the KFC web site, and it locked up.

So I called the phone number on the web site. Seemed they had some idea who I was.... I paid cash at the store ... I just wish I knew how they had some idea who I was even though I think I never gave them that information.

I am not that paranoid, I did give them all of my personal information and the details of the problem with their food product.

A child might not be able to detect the meat as being spoiled rotten over the 'erbs and spices.

There should be at least three other rotten pieces prepared for consumption here in central GA.:eek:

ANY question that it "tastes funny" spit it out fast.

I hope I am the only victim....

And, btw, the other KFC FRIED pieces were just as good as they have always been.

·
Green Eggs and Spam
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The local store manager just called me back. .... only let it ring ONCE then hang up...

I had to call HIM BACK; caller ID on my cell.

I told him I am NOT interested in any sort of refund or whatever ... its a stupid $1 piece of chicken. It is NOT worth my time to try get my whole dollar back. It will cost me my time worth more then a dollar for the effort.

Manager seems more concerned about the dollar I lost then the potential health affects of someone else eating rotten meat they may be providing at their store.

Just thought about it ... will take a photo of the offending chicken piece .... to be uploaded laters!

·
Dangerous Old Man
1,000 Posts
That is why I will NOT eat "fast food".
You don't know those booger-picking zit factories in the back, handling that food.

When was the last time they washed their hands?
How many times has the batter been "seasoned"?
What were "Harry Hormone" and "Susie Suxalot" doing in the cooler?

Just food for thought.

·
Watching, Waiting....
1,473 Posts
So I called the phone number on the web site. Seemed they had some idea who I was.... I paid cash at the store ... I just wish I knew how they had some idea who I was even though I think I never gave them that information.

I am not that paranoid, I did give them all of my personal information and the details of the problem with their food product.
What are you talking about? You think they already know who you were? Like they had some knowledge of you or were waiting for you to call??? Wow, you need medication.

·
Green Eggs and Spam
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What are you talking about? You think they already know who you were? Like they had some knowledge of you or were waiting for you to call??? Wow, you need medication.
I am a repeat customer, that orders similar items, from the same store at about the same time.

And you think my purchasing information, including CC information when used prior, is some how different and NOT provided to corporate?

I did neglect to mention the web site asked about a time stamp. I didn't think it important to include in my OP. How many people make the same order, in the same zip, in the same minute?

And, I think I even gave them the order number on my receipt.

This is not being paranoid ... in todays world nearly anyones home computer has the processing power and storage space to use a server for all of America's transactions.

My post was presented to let others know that my food source was contaminated; and watch out this food if you give it out to others.

The company does not seem to care if they kill people, they just want to give your dollar back if you spit it out fast enough.

·
Limpin to safety.
7,639 Posts
You get what you pay for.

By making you spit it out, they did you a favor. KFC chickens aren't able to move. They are genetically modified, and injected with steroids.

You need to watch Food Inc and learn just what the hell your eatting.

It's possible the bird was long dead before it even made it to the slaughterhouse.

I'm sorry but when you buy food from a mega corp that literally IS the problem, then my advice is for you to first understand the problem.

It's watch now on NetFlix.

·
Capability, not scenarios
11,960 Posts
And this is related to disaster preparedness...how?

·
Limpin to safety.
7,639 Posts
And this is related to disaster preparedness...how?
If food tastes bad, you spit it out. Because it might be poisoned.

Or poorly cooked.

Unless it's a survival situation, then you cook it longer, and eat it anyways.

So... it's not really related to survival at all.

Reactions: Sprig

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
I won't touch KFC anymore. I ate it twice in a row over a year and got food poisoning or something similar to it both times. Then again I don't eat out very much at all now. Maybe I grab something at subway when driving home or the occasional pizza but that is about as far as it goes.

·
Green Eggs and Spam
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
If food tastes bad, you spit it out. Because it might be poisoned.

Or poorly cooked.

Unless it's a survival situation, then you cook it longer, and eat it anyways.

So... it's not really related to survival at all.
Ok....

I WILL FREEZE this "item:.

I WILL ship it to you on my own dime, only need an address.

Then you might agree to EAT the thing????

Or, just agree to spit the **** out?

I am putting the item in the freezer now.

Any more that think this should not be in this forum, can give me a shipping address and a legal promise to consume the rest of the item...

I will not require that anyone consume the contents I had already spit out...

ON EDIT:
CRUTCH was supportive of my position ... I think I may have made an HTML error in the quote function. This post of mine is not what I meant it to be.

·
Registered
85 Posts
An old friend of mine bought some chicken a while back. He bit into it and sunk his teeth right into a bloody tumor. I didn't even know chickens could have tumors.

Forgot to mention it was KFC too. Just to make it clear.

·
Limpin to safety.
7,639 Posts
Ok....

I WILL FREEZE this "item:.

I WILL ship it to you on my own dime, only need an address.

Then you might agree to EAT the thing????

Or, just agree to spit the **** out?

I am putting the item in the freezer now.

Any more that think this should not be in this forum, can give me a shipping address and a legal promise to consume the rest of the item...

I will not require that anyone consume the contents I had already spit out...
LOL, I'll eat it then. ;)

You have to understand that I'm from the South.

I've eaten Hogs Head Cheese. I make Chitlins burst with flavor.

I know the difference between "cased" lumber jack hot dogs, and normal.

:)

lol, I certainly don't expect you or others to eat raw chicken, or something that tastes like it was kept warm in an armpit instead of a heat lamp, but I will say this.

Down in the South, "inedible" is damn near impossible.

Don't believe me? Google Souse.... it's actually bloody good. And the casings of a Southern hotdog? You don't wanna know.

·
Green Eggs and Spam
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
An old friend of mine bought some chicken a while back. He bit into it and sunk his teeth right into a bloody tumor. I didn't even know chickens could have tumors.
There was a POINT to my OP!

If you bite into a bloody tumor, DO NOT HESITATE .. SPIT THE **** OUT!

I have no idea if chickens can have any number of illnesses ... but if it tastes "NOT like chicken" and it "IS" supposed to be chicken, ... then do NOT SWALLOW!

·
Green Eggs and Spam
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
LOL, I'll eat it then. ;)
From your posts, I figured you might!

HTML EDIT was not MEANT to end up my negative comments towards Crutch, instead was meant towards the other negative poster... geese or goose or whatever.

Crutch, I have no doubt that you will know how to make the meat safe to eat, and maybe even make it taste good. I really do not think KFC minimum wage peeps can even come close to your skills.

One friggen clickly and I really did a disservice to Crutch that was not intended.

Another bit of advice for the masses here, be carefull where you point that mouse button...

·
Stay the Course
471 Posts
mmmmmm.... fried chickens....... You put some gravy on that thing and you could never tell it was spoiled!:thumb:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts