Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Scarred for life...
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
KEV, How do I put someone on my IGNORE list?

There is a certain member of this website...

He is considered by most here to be a troll.

In my opinion, this person contributes nothing to the discussions that this board exists for and serves only to aggravate and alienate good members.

I have it on good authority that this person has multiple accounts on this website, and has made posts in which he used both accounts to espouse his opinion and attack anyone who disagrees. This is a violation of your own rules.

This person has made well over 2000 posts on this website under just one of his ID's and less than 5% of them have had anything to do with survivalism.

This persons posts usually consist of one-sentence responses that serve only to attempt to belittle someone or inflame a discussion, and almost every time, offer nothing constructive to the discussion.

I for one am sick and tired of this.

Kev, you have a great website here. I mean it. Somehow you have managed to hit just the right tone with regard to prepping. I can sit here and think of many things you could have done wrong, yet for the most part you have managed to avoid these pitfalls that seem to plague other like minded websites.

I must say I have reached the end of my rope with regard to this person and I would like to know how to go about putting this person on my ignore list.

Please post how to do this, as I am absolutely sure others would like to know how.

ALSO would it be possible to ban someone from responding to posts, which I have started?

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
Ignore List
Check / Uncheck All
Add a Member to Your List...
To remove a user from your ignore list, un-check the box associated with their name and click the 'Save Changes' button.

To add a user to the list, enter their name into the empty text box and click 'Okay'.

simply check the box.

·
Super Moderator
Psalm 34:4
23,558 Posts
Just curious, but what exactly does the ignore list do?
It prevents you from seeing post made by the people on your ignore list. You can still see all the other post in a thread just not the ones made by a person you want to ignore.

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
Just curious, but what exactly does the ignore list do?
It makes a person's posts invisible.
Just select whomsoever's opinion challenges you or who's ideas you don't like and put them on your ignore list. save yourself the challenge of out thinking or learning something from them.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I must be in the dark, who is causing such an up roar? I guess I just missed it! PM me if need be, I do not judge on others recomendations. I would just like to know who and what is going on.

Tbull:cool:

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
It makes a person's posts invisible.
Just select whomsoever's opinion challenges you or who's ideas you don't like and put them on your ignore list. save yourself the challenge of out thinking or learning something from them.
Would it not be easier and best for the group to simply make the trolling poster disapperar?

·
ruralist
1,441 Posts
It prevents you from seeing post made by the people on your ignore list. You can still see all the other post in a thread just not the ones made by a person you want to ignore.
True, but it's lousy given that you'd still see "Post by ******** hidden, because he/she is on your ignore list", in and amongst the other posts. Furthermore the said ignored member's posts are still visible in the quotes of members not on ignore. I'd prefer a total ignore feature, but guess that is impossible.

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
True, but it's lousy given that you'd still see "Post by ******** hidden, because he/she is on your ignore list", in and amongst the other posts. Furthermore the said ignored member's posts are still visible in the quotes of members not on ignore. I'd prefer a total ignore feature, but guess that is impossible.
the logical thing to do would be to ignore anyone who doesn't ignore that person you dislike.

·
ruralist
1,441 Posts
the logical thing to do would be to ignore anyone who doesn't ignore that person you dislike.
Logical in your mind perhaps. But hardly practical. I'd like a total ignore feature was the point, but alas there isn't such a thing. I found that setting members to ignore is more irritating than otherwise, given the above issues.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Would it not be easier and best for the group to simply make the trolling poster disapperar?
Democracy at work. If you don't agree with someone, drive them out and never have to engage with an alternate viewpoint. Let's just work for some level of inclusion and acceptance of alternate viewpoints. Even though we don't agree with everyone, seeing an alternate viewpoint shouldn't be stopped, just evaluated and understood from an intelligent and objective standpoint.

--Wintermute

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
Democracy at work. If you don't agree with someone, drive them out and never have to engage with an alternate viewpoint. Let's just work for some level of inclusion and acceptance of alternate viewpoints. Even though we don't agree with everyone, seeing an alternate viewpoint shouldn't be stopped, just evaluated and understood from an intelligent and objective standpoint.

--Wintermute
Its not my intent to hijack a thread Winterminute, and I wholly agree with hearing and accepting alternate viewpoints. However, if a group has come together for a common purpose and a member of that group does not contribute to that purpose, it is not in the best interest of the group to no longer include that person in the group?

Dirsruptive kids in school get suspended and/or expelled if they disrupt the class to much. Some would go home and get licks by their parents too.

In athletics, you would be kicked off of the team if you hold the team back

In the Military, you do push-up until the end of time. If that doesn't work and the unit is punished for the behavior of one, then the unit "takes care" of the problem.

In a bar, the drunk gets kicked out or his teeth kicked in.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts