Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone had this pack and could do a video review of it or a review with pictures showing how the top comes off and the side packs. thanks everyone.

·
Registered
250 Posts
It's not even on the Kelty site. The big pack they have is the Eagle 128, which looks to me almost identical to the Army Special Forces pack from the early/mid 90's. I used to have one of those, it was very good for an internal frame pack, but the waist belt left a lot to be desired.

for non-custom packs that you can get at any store, it is hard to beat Dana Design, K2, or Mystery Ranch. I especially like the Dana/K2 Longbed Frame pack.

·
Maximus
12,320 Posts

for non-custom packs that you can get at any store, it is hard to beat Dana Design, K2, or Mystery Ranch. I especially like the Dana/K2 Longbed Frame pack.
Mystery Ranch is almost exclusively direct order from their website now. They do not have many store locations or dealers anymore. But I think this MAY be one of the Kelty/Dana collaborations... not 100% sure though, but sure looks like it. There were a few Dana/Kelty packs made. Kind of like the trip-zip camel backs. And if it wasn't a collaboration, it was certainly from a similar design.

I was wondering if anyone had this pack and could do a video review of it or a review with pictures showing how the top comes off and the side packs. thanks everyone.
As I mentioned above, it is VERY similar to Dana Gleason design Mystery Ranch backpacks. I can see that the hood attaches the same as well as the long pockets on the sides.

Here is a video of my the side pouches should come off and on:
http://vimeo.com/9894067

Here is a video of how the top comes off and on. The Kelty lid should turn into a lumbar pack and not a shouldered pack like in this vid, but from the photos, it looks like the exact same attach process. With those straps, you can also extend the lid up to cinch more stuff down onto the pack:
http://vimeo.com/9893241

Hope that is what you were looking for.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
to be honest i was simply looking for build quality and how well the pack held up. i was wondering how the parts of the pack attached so thank you for the viedos. yes it is the kelty Eagle 128.

·
Registered
6 Posts
pack is great

I just put a post on here about my pack which is the 128 . The pack is awesome but have to read my post for the rest of the story

1 - 5 of 5 Posts