Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched for this thread and haven't found one. Anyone have one? Have any experience with this gun? Thanks.

·
Survivor, so far
45,891 Posts
I'm surprised that you didn't find any thing. I have one in Glock 17
flavor. It works fine and has been reliable so far, with over 300 rds.

·
Registered
80 Posts
SmokeyC
I have made several post in thread which includes me talking about my Kel Tec sub 2000's. Here is a copy/paste from a small section of a longer post -
I too love my Kel Tec sub 2000. I have 2 of them, one in Beretta (for M9 and 92 series - with high capacity of 20 rounders) and a second in Glock (so my G26, G19, G17, and hi capacity G18 with 33 rounds of 9mm mags are all inter-exchangable). Both are in 9mm. Both myself and the misses carry 9mm and have found this to be the best balance for our ammo choice. The carbine KT 2000 only cost around $300 and has been extremely reliable, durable, very compact, and accurate. They have a pretty nice aftermarket support as well.
I have a bit over 2500 rounds through the one KT. No problems. As for distance, I'm pretty accurate out to about 100-150 with just the sights - no scope. Just one mans experience.

·
Preparing since 1972
5,612 Posts
I bought the KelTec 2000 subcarbine in .40 when it came out years ago..It shot everytime with the 10 round mags and the long 30 round mags...I used different types of ammo.No problems..Shot at distances from about 20 to 100 feet.I put thru several hundred rounds thru it......Nice accurate weapon easy to clean...Folds up real nice i carried mine in my atv trunk alot..I recently sold it to a close friend that has always wanted it....Nice all around good weapon..:thumb:

·
Registered
1,693 Posts

Here's a pic of mine after I added the quad rain (worth the 120 bucks) I've sinced added a vertical grip and surefire. I've run about 750 rounds 9mm through mine with only two FTFire those were WWB....I love mine, it's a beretta magged unit, I've also modified my P89 mags to fit it also. The 20 round promags also feed without fail.

There's only a couple of things I don't like, 1st the safety is backwards and way high compared to most guns I've shot. Second is the crappy little sights are plastic and I worry how well they'd hold up if you don't baby them.

·
Survivor, so far
45,891 Posts
Thanks for the reply Carne Frio. 9mm or 40 cal? What ranges have you shot at?
It is 9mm and factory stock. I haven't tried it past
50 yards except for a few shots at an old box. I think
you can hit a 2 foot square target easily at 100 yards.:D:

·
Registered
6,956 Posts

I was fortunate enough to get an AR-steel front sight post which is much more comforting. I found a SUB 2K that takes Sig magazines as that's what I carried at the time (CCW); to my surprise, the S2K also accepted and functions flawlessly with CZ-75 magazines which I had several of. Also, I have a couple cases of Hirtenberger sub-gun ammo and it's quite potent at 100 yards. Biggest advantage is how compact the S2K can be. Make no doubt about it, the S2K is a niche gun; it's a pistol caliber carbine with range limited inside 150 yards (I don't expect mine to do much beyond 100 yards). Where I find it most applicable is if you need a bug-home gun and you're not that far from home; AND, it's not a full-blown SHTF scenario allowing you to openly carry a rifle. You can carry a laptop sized bag with the S2K, a few hundred rounds of ammo and magazines...all done discreetly yet pretty fast to access. What makes it more appealing is if you match the S2K to your CCW piece for magazine and ammo compatibility. Just remember the limitation of 9mm...It is really a long-range pistol that allows you more accuracy, stability and faster (and more accurate) follow up shots. For what it is, it fills a certain niche extremely well. Mine has been absolutely flawless with no reliability issues.

ROCK6

·
Registered
61 Posts
I looked all over the net trying to find a dealer that sells this carbine. they all say that they are out of stock,, does anyone know any online dealer that has this rifle in stock?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Mine is in a .40 cal S & W, I had both options but all of my semi auto pistols except for my CCW single stack Walther PPS are in .40cal. So being able to use glock mags appealed to me (as I have a bunch). That plus a little more knocking down power also. It's a great little gun, again keep in mind this isn't a full blown rifle, but has a little more punch and distance then a pistol.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
I had, a .40 glock. I enjoyed it and then sold it. Very fun to shoot, but I didn't use it enough for the price I was offered.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have had mine (Ber 92 mag) for about 8 years or so. Probably put 3k rounds through it in that time. Only a handful of malfunctions, all mag related. Mine is 16oz soda bottle accurate at 100 yards and 1 gal milk jug accurate at 150 yards (with some warm up shots to get the drop figured out). I love mine and won't ever sell it. Great rifle and very handy to store while traveling. If you can find one buy it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts