Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I wanted one so I called the local Gun Shop,, They said.
We don't have one , and they have been recalled... ? Factory recalled all of them... Why ?

Anybody got and answer.. Could it be, they hold to many rounds, and Big Brother said something...?

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Well I wanted one so I called the local Gun Shop,, They said.
We don't have one , and they have been recalled... ? Factory recalled all of them... Why ?

Anybody got and answer.. Could it be, they hold to many rounds, and Big Brother said something...?

:rolleyes:
Probably like glock, S&W, HK recalls something they didn't realize when manufacturing that could possibly break or be unsafe if some idiot isn't paying attention and tries to stick a nuke in the chamber or something. Recalls aren't big brother, they are usually the land sharks looking at lawsuit possibilities.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
No recall that I know of and I work at a range. I have seen 5 of them now. They seem finicky about ammo with CCI being the favorite.

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
68,581 Posts
Good grief, straight to the tin foil, overlooking the obvious again. If there has been a recall, it's because of a problem the factory needs to correct. Magazine capacity has nothing to do with it.

·
Inglourious Basterd
2,966 Posts
Good grief, straight to the tin foil, overlooking the obvious again. If there has been a recall, it's because of a problem the factory needs to correct. Magazine capacity has nothing to do with it.
But it's just so much more fun to turn EVERYTHING into a liberal conspiracy, instead of spending 5 minutes to get the facts.

·
Inglourious Basterd
2,966 Posts
Google is your friend

Apparently they are recalling for a barrel swap;

So Kel-Tec's wizards spent who knows how long designing a recoil mechanism that switches between blowback and locked breach; how the system works we have no idea but it's presumably magic, and we're sticking with that.

But unfortunately they were so happy with their hybridized recoil system that they sorta forgot to do some ballistics testing, since the PMR-30 keyholes ammo.Yep, the 4.3" barrel has a 1:16 twist that's just patently not aggressive enough and and doesn't fully stabilize lighter-weight ammo, and they're reducing it to either 1:9 or 1:12 (the testing is currently under weigh).

The worst part about this is that Kel-Tec's finally gotten to a point in production where they can keep up with demand, and so this means a whole lot of guns got out already.

·
...all out of bubble gum
871 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, I think I remember a comment on a video on the Kel-tec site where he mention a flaw with the firing pin or mechanism not being up to standards. It was an "off comment" while making a video about another one of their guns. (possibly the updated KSG video)...... But don't hold me to it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Nice to meet you too Mike, How do you figure this is a tin foil hat thread. I ask a question about a gun, I WANTED ONE... Did ya read that.... No you just assumed The obvious....:cool:

I don't care if it had a 30 round clip, I would have gotten 1...anyway, till I call the local gun shop. I still see gun shops advertising them ... as if they still have them.. $359.99

http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=118688

Thank you !!! Apocalypse Now, That is what a wanted to know. Why they recalled that model.

I still want one when they get'er fixed....hopefully soon.

Thanks for the reply's

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
68,581 Posts
Nice to meet you too Mike, How do you figure this is a tin foil hat thread. I ask a question about a gun, I WANTED ONE... Did ya read that.... No you just assumed The obvious
Ahh, the infamous reversal. A tactic designed to put the other person on the defensive. Always such an interesting conversational tactic.

I mentioned "tin foil" because you went straight for "Big brother saying something because it held too many rounds" rather than simply trying to find out what problem the factory is fixing.

It's the same reply I had in the thread about the Walmart that had taped foam over their open coolers and locked their uprights. Which was obviously a method of trying to keep their inventory cool until a problem could be repaired. But she instead went straight for the "tin foil" too, with rationing and food shortages while overlooking the more logical.

Sorry to single you out. It's just that this is becoming a bit of a pet peeve with me since it's happening more and more here.

Kel-tec has a good reputation about getting things fixed quickly. They also have a history of releasing guns too soon and having to recall them for some minor repair. Hang in there and it'll hit the market again soon. This isn't the first time they've done this.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ahh, the infamous reversal
:thumb: It happeneds everyday.. I have old friends too Just like you, I tell them all the time did you need to take some metamucil today...? :D:

I mentioned "tin foil" because you went straight for "Big brother saying something because it held too many rounds"
The reason I went for Big Brother, was Here in Texas, and our Bordering States, they ( He Obama ) did this ...http://patriotstatesman.com/2011/07/obama-imposes-gun-control-via-executive-order/

And this
The Obama administration is implementing new restrictions on the sale of certain weapons in border states, and increasing the penalties for violating certain firearms laws.
Saiga 12 comes to mind, which I own... I'am really more concerned about my ( our ) rights as a gun owners...

Welcome to Obama’s America. Punish the innocent and reward the guilty.
Sorry to single you out. It's just that this is becoming a bit of a pet peeve with me since it's happening more and more here.
Hey Mike, No problem Bro...

And the reason for that, happening more and more here, is???

People are, concerned, Afraid, some fear, just where all this is headed, And it looks like it's not going to be good. They come here to learn for thre pros of preping world...

Preping yes indeed,,, I am still learning , but I think I'am ( we ) are ready, just new that Kel-Tec 22 :D:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok Guy's and Gal's, I sent a message to Kel-Tec The other day. I wanted to find out if they truely did recall that Model gun..

Here is the reply I got back for the Kel-Tec Team...

Hi Mike,

There has never been a recall on the PMR-30 pistols. They have just been on a heavy backorder, which is just now starting to get caught up. Try to place an order with a dealer to get in line for one rather than waiting extra time for one to show up on the shelves. There were only minor feeding and barrel issues that were quickly resolved, so nothing is holding up production. We are shipping about 500 PMRs a week and divide them evenly between our 30 wholesalers every month, but they have long backorder lists that need to be filled before they can fill newer orders. Since we ship to wholesalers, then they to dealers, there’s no way for us to know where or when they will ship the firearms. If you’ve placed an order or are looking to, it will depend on which wholesalers your dealer uses (or hopefully, multiple), if they still have backorders to fill before filling newer orders, as well as how many the wholesalers have on order with us. However, we are shipping them weekly. Thanks,Kel-Tec Customer Service

I got it straight from the Horses Mouth so to speak, :D:

Now !!!! I will get in Line..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts