Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're scheduled for a trip next week, and the old lady just informed me that she's expecting mother nature to come with her all week too. I'm concerned she's gonna be getting us some unwanted attention up there.

Should we just cancel?

·
Displaced Texan
501 Posts
"I hear that their periods attract bears! The bears can smell the menstruation!"
Brick Hamland, Anchorman
:rofl: just watched that movie! Funny!!!!!!!!!

Tell wife to bring along cornstarch baby powder. This masks any odor pretty well. And when "washing up" go as far away from your campsite as possible. Like the above mentioned posts. Many other smells will lure a bear, such as food with oils & sugar. You shouldn't have anything much to worry about if you are taking extra precautions.

Just don't do any swimming near sharks....you're screwed there.:)

·
Registered
806 Posts
It all depends where you are, how common the bears are, etc. A lady friend had an ATV's seat ripped to pieces after a bit of minor leakage in northern Alberta. Right in the midst of trailers of sleeping workers and mining gear.
In most places though there'd be no problem. But if you can expect to see a few in a day of hiking, its a different matter. Glacier/Waterton parks, Jasper, etc bears wander around tent-sites frequently.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts