Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Say no to NWO PLEASE!
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ammo is going up, very hard to find 16 gauge shotgun shells now, all Canadian Tires, Walmarts and our local Gun shop are out.

Also warned yesterday after purchasing ammo, that it would continue to increase, possibly sharply (no **** sherlock).

Gold and silver coins very hard to find and much more than spot price to purchase. Collector coins are still around, but much more than most are willing to pay for just the silver content.

·
Prophet
1,262 Posts
I was in a Canadian Tire(vernon) last week, and they had an abundance of ammo. No rifles to be seen tho.

·
Say no to NWO PLEASE!
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was in a Canadian Tire(vernon) last week, and they had an abundance of ammo. No rifles to be seen tho.
Tons of ammo around here still, for now, and no questions asked on thousands of rounds of .22 or a hundred rounds of .308 or the like, just a lack of 16 gauge shotgun and no idea when there will be more.

·
Quaerite primum regnum De
136 Posts
In Central Newfoundland the price of .22 bullets at Canadian Tire was almost 3 times more than I payed for them last year this time. There was one box of 500's and only around 20 boxes of 50's. I didn't really notice the amounts or prices of any other ammo, and didn't bother to ask the employee anything.

I usually buy ammo from a small military surplus shop but I've bought lots of ammo at CT before. This was the first time I wasn't allowed to carry it to the checkout myself. A store employee had to take it there for me.:xeye:

·
Premium Member
2,791 Posts
This was the first time I wasn't allowed to carry it to the checkout myself. A store employee had to take it there for me.:xeye:
Some number of decades ago while in school I worked part-time at CT, back when they still sold guns. Always had to walk guns and ammo to the checkout. The corporate-wide policy was implemented after some dude picked out a shotgun and some shells then blew his own head off (talk about going to the 'checkout').

Still lots of ammo around in the stores here and I haven't noticed any dramatic increase in prices for the ammo I do buy.

-Per.

·
CHEERS :p
1,946 Posts
the price of 303 ammo is up in NS about 3.50 a box more

22 ammo is up about the same

12 guage is up 7 bux more

1 - 11 of 11 Posts