Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
trois pour cent
5,942 Posts
When the SHTF, people go tribal.
People band together as families or neighbors or ethnic groups or the gang bangers or the bowling club or or the buddies from the ******* bar or whatever. They look for the familiar faces, the people who they view as willing to watch their back and they stick together.
It becomes us against them and they don't always use good judgement.
Lesson to be learned here.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Hindya: Doesn't sound like you've been to the states befor.
There are places I won't go after sunset as a white man and there are still areas where a black man better not get caught at night.
In Indiana USA, the Klan is still very active, more so than in the southern states.
There are parts of Anchorage, Alaska I wont go into unless I'm armed.
Yes , the civil rights bill went into law 40 plus years ago , but a law doesn't change peoples minds ......

·
RESET CONGRESS!!
9,462 Posts
Humans can be very noble and kind. Humans can also resort to violence to survive. Even the soft spoken nice guy next door may break if his wife & kids are cold and starving. Some folks just seem to be mean by nature and will easily take to the streets, others (the majority of people) may find they HAVE to do things they would ordinarily never consider, just to survive. It would be so much easier for everyone if the majority would wake up and do even a LITTLE preparation for lean times. We've been spoiled here for so long. By the way, I went to the grocery earlier today, just to buy some more non- perishables for the pantry. It costs so little if you do it weekly, and good times or bad,.. it will be consumed! Shoot, we just may need it if we happen to experince a very bad winter. At least I wouldn't have to fight the lines to buy food. Remember the fights and shootings in the gas lines back in the early 1970s? It can get bad so quickly.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
Strange.. I allways thought USA was a well balanced, socially adjusted, harmonic and happy multi ethnic society?
We could be if there were not so many peckerwoods out there. In my neighborhood we have representation from several races as well as several multi-ethnic families. We all seem to get along and look out for each other.

·
RESET CONGRESS!!
9,462 Posts
I just read the article posted at the top of this thread (Katrina story). I don't think anyone should be too surprised. A small group (neighbors) who also had very limited resources, banded together to keep what they had. It doesn't sound like they roamed the streets, looking for people to harass. Seems they established a perimeter and were determined to defend what they had. Maybe they could have been charitable, giving away food, etc. But they probably decided to feed and protect their family and friends from a perceived threat. What would you do? Help may be soon to arrive, or they may have weeks to fend for themselves.

·
Registered
7,224 Posts
I wouldn't quote Morris Dees or any of his lackies as credible.
The SPLC is a farce scare mongering org.
Morris is a leftist big government shill.

That said the Klan is active and in all 50 states.
There's azzholes everywhere.

And that was Illinois nazis in the Blues Brothers.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Agreed, the Klan exists !
A friend helping out after Ike was frequently (cordially, mind you) invited to meetings nearby.
Um, he declined, and nothing problematic ensued.
sigh

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Cornfedreb: Thanks for the map. Glad to see there are Zero groups listed for Alaska.
Got enough as*holes here without them having meetings .......

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
"The way Donnell Herrington tells it, there was no warning. "
So begins the story. Makes me wonder the way the homeowners told the story. I'm wondering why these three felt compelled to go into this neighborhood.Why didn't they stay in their own neighborhood?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts