Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Psalm 34:4
23,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have several Ka-Bar knives I have purchased over the years, never had a problem with any of their knives. One knife in particular I never use is the Ka-Bar Acheron. It's a small neck knife that has been laying on a work bench for a few years,, never used it because it is too small for my hands. My wife decided she wanted a neck knife and liked the way the Acheron felt in her hand so, she said she was stealing it. Not a problem with me but... we couldn't find the sheath.

I was thinking about getting a kydex sheath but couldn't find anyone that had them pre-made and didn't want to ship it off and pay to have one custom made.

I contacted Ka-Bar to see if they had a replacement sheath I could buy and within 10 minutes of sending an email Beth at Ka-Bar customer service replied saying they would be happy to send me one if I sent them my name and address. I did and 10 minutes later Beth emails me again saying a replacement sheath is on its way.

With so much crap going on in the world and so many business's taking advantage of the pandemic by shipping things slower or raising prices it was really great to be treated so well by Ka-Bar. I'll be looking at their knives much more when I go to purchase another knife in the future.

In 7-10 days my wife will be sporting her neck knife in it's new sheath when she goes out.

For those that haven't seen one the picture below is the Ka-Bar Acheron

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
So, I have several Ka-Bar knives I have purchased over the years, never had a problem with any of their knives. One knife in particular I never use is the Ka-Bar Acheron. It's a small neck knife that has been laying on a work bench for a few years,, never used it because it is too small for my hands. My wife decided she wanted a neck knife and liked the way the Acheron felt in her hand so, she said she was stealing it. Not a problem with me but... we couldn't find the sheath.

I was thinking about getting a kydex sheath but couldn't find anyone that had them pre-made and didn't want to ship it off and pay to have one custom made.

I contacted Ka-Bar to see if they had a replacement sheath I could buy and within 10 minutes of sending an email Beth at Ka-Bar customer service replied saying they would be happy to send me one if I sent them my name and address. I did and 10 minutes later Beth emails me again saying a replacement sheath is on its way.

With so much crap going on in the world and so many business's taking advantage of the pandemic by shipping things slower or raising prices it was really great to be treated so well by Ka-Bar. I'll be looking at their knives much more when I go to purchase another knife in the future.

In 7-10 days my wife will be sporting her neck knife in it's new sheath when she goes out.

View attachment 380279
Good to know. I have a few Kabars myself. They put their “US” stamp right there in the blade, bigger than anyone else does.

·
Super Moderator
Psalm 34:4
23,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good to know. I have a few Kabars myself. They put their “US” stamp right there in the blade, bigger than anyone else does.
Not all Ka-Bars are made in the US, the Acheron is actually made in China

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have some ka-bars that date from way back to my Boy Scouting days right on up through a few years ago.

Never really appreciated how tough and functional some of these Ka-Bar knives are until I started comparing them to some other more “modern” units.

The Ka-Bar classic fighting fixed-blade knife is still one of the best and truly lethal designs around. I have many brands and styles of knives, but this is one go-to blade I could put some faith in.

Good to hear about the customer service.

·
living in the desert
496 Posts
great to see a company that backs its product and cares about customer satisfaction.

I had a similar interaction when dealing with Gerber.. Customer satisfaction with no charges or hassles.

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
It’s nice to see a company that believes in customer service. Quality customer service isn’t as readily available today, as it once was.
Magpul is another one. I bought some sunglasses on clearance for about 80-90 dollars less than what they cost. The rubber nose stop broke after a few months. I emailed them to ask about it, they sent me a new pair without even getting the old ones back.

·
Pisticus Veritas
Very Prepared!!
34,876 Posts

View attachment 380279
I have a standard Ka-Bar fighting knife and a couple of BK Becker (Ka-Bar) knives but one of the best purchases I made recently is the Ka-Bar spork:

It's come in handy on several occasions and it's in my EDC pouch. The knife is surprisingly sharp and sturdy and would easily be used as a weapon.

Anyway, I like your knife. Looks to be small enough to easily conceal but big enough to be useful. And you're right ... true customer service is all but dead these days. Glad to hear Ka-Bar still knows what it means to take care of their customers. Very rare!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts