Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. Im abviously new here. I recently opend my eyes to the responsibility to prepare for the worst for my family and myself. Im way behind the game. I do have a garden, lots of wild game right in my back yard. I collected a bunch of berries today to start making preserves with. I live in an excluded area and have no neighbors.
The wife thinks Im going crazy but understands and is supportive. I have lurked here for a few days and have watched alot of videos on youtube. I plan on making a survivor/ storm bunker and a shelter on top of it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replys. Ya we could survive on small and large game for a long time. Also have a pond in the woods that has fish in it. I guess I should have said I am an armorer for Glock and have a good size of weapons and ammo stored already. Thats been a hobby for a long time. Also have some reloading equipment. Need some dies and Im ready to go.

·
Www.preparedham.com
1,829 Posts
I thought I heard load snoring.:D: Welcome From AZ

Reactions: SSGNasty

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Welcome from NJ. There's a lot of great info here. Look into Water bobs , Water purification, buying plenty of canned and dried food, medical supplies and protection. There's so much to learn here, many things you would never think of. I learn more every single day here.. Good luck to you!

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Welcome!

The first few months are going to be the craziest... Starting to "wake up" and learn about what's going on is a serious thing - you're going to see things that cause an "OMG!" reaction, things that are ridiculous and others that will make your blood boil. Just take it slow and easy. Don't go all "mall ninja" either - if you don't need it, don't get it (take that from myself and many others here)...

Anyway, again - welcome!

·
Registered
11,613 Posts
Welcome Much to learn here. Things to ponder follow:

Have a BOL?

Self-sufficient? Garden? Stored food?

Reload? Cast bullets? Practice with your firearms?

Practice permaculture? Gather wild foods?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome Much to learn here. Things to ponder follow:
Have a BOL?
Self-sufficient? Garden? Stored food?
Reload? Cast bullets? Practice with your firearms?
Practice permaculture? Gather wild foods?
Working on a BOL. Going to dig a bunker and put a secure shelter over it.
I do reload but need more supplies and still need to cast my own bullets. I dont do that yet.
I do have a garden just not sure if its big enough.Also have alot of wild berries and fruit in the back yard area
I am very good with my weapons. Considered an "expert" with my 40 cal.
Thanks for the advise so far. All and any are welcomed and will be considerred.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts