Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Patient Zero of WWZ
5,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought when talking about zombies here people meant Hollywood imaginary undead creatures and that they were joking.

But, I have read some posts where it seemed that people were referring to the unprepared people who will be scavenging and trying to survive as zombies.

Which is it? Or is it both?

·
Experiment 626
2,311 Posts
For the most part, on this forum, people are referring to the mindless followers of the masses who like to believe that the government will always be there to take care of them, so they make no plans to take care of themselves. These people will be roaming, starving, looting and preying upon everyone else.

Here is an example from another country, where zombie outbreaks have already occured:

·
old hand
7,441 Posts
When we talk about preparing for the inevidable attacks by hordes of crazed zombies, what we are referring to is any kind of known and unknown evil which could pose a threat to our families and livlihoods.

... and the undead.

·
What would Mal do
4,913 Posts
I've always considered the mindless masses to be "sheeple" they may turn into zombies when bad things happen and they find themselves abandoned by the govt that they have come to rely upon or find themselves caught up in the excitement of a riot/looting, etc.

regardless of how they get to the point...I classify a zombie as the person who has wandered into my yard or home looking to steal, pillage, etc from me when shtf...I call em zombies cause they are already dead...they just don't know it yet.

·
Patient Zero of WWZ
5,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to all for clearing up my misunderstanding.

So Post-SHTF there really will be zombies. :)

·
Insert Clever Phrase Here
526 Posts
Zombies are also a reference to junkies, addicts, etc., especially those who may undoubtedly go into withdrawals once they can't get a fix post SHTF.

·
Waiting...Watching..
2,235 Posts
Legal disclaimer

I talk about real zombies and defending against them. Not people.

Any similarities between zombies and real people is purely coincidental and for entertainment purposes only..

·
Registered
58 Posts
And at the risk of coming off like a complete doofus, what does MZB stand for? (I just know I'm gonna end up kicking myself when this turns out to be something really simple :D:)

·
Registered
22,056 Posts
And at the risk of coming off like a complete doofus, what does MZB stand for? (I just know I'm gonna end up kicking myself when this turns out to be something really simple :D:)
Maybe Mozambique?

·
Registered
22,056 Posts
I talk about real zombies and defending against them. Not people.

Any similarities between zombies and real people is purely coincidental and for entertainment purposes only..
Agreed of course.

·
Experiment 626
2,311 Posts

I'm guessing either Mutant Zombie Biker.. or Marion Zimmer Bradley...

Since we're talking about zombies though, I'd go with the former

·
Registered
230 Posts
For the most part, on this forum, people are referring to the mindless followers of the masses who like to believe that the government will always be there to take care of them, so they make no plans to take care of themselves. These people will be roaming, starving, looting and preying upon everyone else.

Here is an example from another country, where zombie outbreaks have already occured:
Couldn't have put it any better myself. :thumb:

That picture is great. The guy in the yellow sweater is going to stab himself in the leg running like that....Didn't your mom ever teach you not to run with scissors?
I believe the guy to the left of the main character in this pic is holding a loaded sling shot....you'll shoot your eye out kid! Hold on a second...isn't he a member on this site ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts