Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, not posting up pics. The knife section here is really dead anymore.

Picked up a Boker Kalashnikov XL auto to go with my regular size. The XL was on sale for $35 free shipping on a one day sale with bladeHQ, I couldn't resist.

Picked up a Condor HD Kukri on ebay after a little mishap with a seller, ended up getting a new (with stained blade) for $50 shipped. They are going for around $80+ pretty much everywhere now, so I was really happy to finally pick one up to go with my other Kuks.

Also saw some really good things on this blade and picked one up, it's a real chopper beast as well.
Combat Ready Cuma Battle Cleaver
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D3238OM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That's just the short list, lol

·
Desperta Ferro!
569 Posts
I bought a Glock about 2 weeks ago.
Not the cheap piece of crap guns...oh no! A Glock knife. Here's the pic of the straight blade:
Overall, it's a decent knife and hard plastic scabbard. Not crazy about the hilt, but I plan on putting on some grip tape to compensate.

·
What hell, pay attention
7,910 Posts

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
I've been focusing on some smaller work pocket knives since I'm now have to deal with workplace blade-length restrictions. I've picked up several, some mid-tier and expensive, but one I've been really impressed with is the

Honey Badger:

I have the smaller 3" blade version and while it's just a tad longer than what I'm allowed, this will likely be my test-case folder. What I like?

Lightweight
Deep pocket clip
Very smooth (and fast) flipper opener
Backup/alternate hole opener
Excellent attention to detail; symmetrical lines, great grind, etc.
The liner lock is perfectly executed, better than I’ve seen on some much higher end knives like ZT

I don't care for FRN handles from an aesthetics perspective, but they work on this small folder.

While there are some steel snobs and I have my preferences, the 8Cr13MoV steel is perfect for this inexpensive folder and it really takes an edge very well.

While I have several preferred knives for work (mostly Spyderco and Hogue), this Honey Badger is a heck of a bargain for around $30 despite being made in China.

ROCK6

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Picked up another ESEE 5, along with a second G10 handle to upgrade a set of original handles, coyote tan sheath backer and front pouch w/tin. Yeah....My knife budget is shot for a while...LOL

·
Registered
9,159 Posts

·
Desperta Ferro!
569 Posts

·
What hell, pay attention
7,910 Posts
Its actually really easy. A little boring if youre doing a lot, like a whole frame on a gun etc, but still, not bad.

All you need is a soldering/wood-burning pen and a steady hand.

I like to take a file to the point and get it pretty sharp.

Let it get hot and just "peck" away. :)

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
I have one of those as well. :thumb:
Having an assortment of knives is preferable to trying to get by with one or two. A chopper is well suited to some knife chores so it has a place in the scheme of things.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts