Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased 80 oz from 11/2009 thru 6/2010, average cost per oz-$18.13 and an overall cost of $1450 for 80 ounces.
Just sold 30 oz for $35.80/oz or $1074.00. I still have 50 ounces left worth $1790
So I am considering buying a kuvasz puppy from a breeder for $1000
I had never heard of a kuvasz but read about them here at this forum, very protective, very intelligent, some will patrol you house. I already have a 9 year old yellow lab AKC registered that I paid $25 for. I have never spent this much money on a dog before, I even owned a basenji once and it was a gift from the breeder. I guess my question is that since the $1000 was basically free would it be better to have a dog that would protect you or buy prepper items? 1K would buy alot of stuff
Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Depends on how committed to training that dog are. I'm not familiar with that breed, but a well trained working dog is a good prep in my opinion.

·
Registered
338 Posts
OMG what are you doing selling silver?!?!?! my tourettes is kicking in.....HOARD!!!!.......BURY!!!!!.....STASH!!!!......HOLD PHYSICAL!!!!....TO THE MOON!!!!....ITS GONNA BLOW!!!!!....HOARD!!!!....HOARD!!!!!.....HIDE!!!!.....GET MORE!!!!

·
Master of Sparks
399 Posts
How about a $50 dollar Dog, $300 worth of training to perform to your ideals, $500 worth of stockpiled dog food, then put away the other $150 for future Vet bills. That should get you a couple years past the day one outlay cost of a expensive dog.... or it could just be that I favor Labs and Shepherds.

·
I told you so!
2,707 Posts
I just spent 7 silver dollars on a polish under folder 7.62x39 i gave $7.50 each for them, so if you get what you need GO FOR IT. JT

·
Gitter Done!
2,864 Posts
Purchased 80 oz from 11/2009 thru 6/2010, average cost per oz-$18.13 and an overall cost of $1450 for 80 ounces.
Just sold 30 oz for $35.80/oz or $1074.00. I still have 50 ounces left worth $1790
So I am considering buying a kuvasz puppy from a breeder for $1000
I had never heard of a kuvasz but read about them here at this forum, very protective, very intelligent, some will patrol you house. I already have a 9 year old yellow lab AKC registered that I paid $25 for. I have never spent this much money on a dog before, I even owned a basenji once and it was a gift from the breeder. I guess my question is that since the $1000 was basically free would it be better to have a dog that would protect you or buy prepper items? 1K would buy alot of stuff
Thanks
Now, why didn't you buy the new ipod, or those chrome rims for the truck. You can't be serious? A puppy that costs 1000 peso's? I know 5 places that you can get one for free. Hope you bought a gas mask and MOPP suit for that puppy since it will die from radiation poisoning and you lost 1000 peso's.

This is a joke right? In a survivalist forum? Slap me silly if you are serious.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
I guess my question is that since the $1000 was basically free would it be better to have a dog that would protect you or buy prepper items? 1K would buy alot of stuff
I'd buy stuff and get a free mutt for protection.

·
Scandinavian survivor
4,106 Posts
You sold silver TO BUY A DOG?!? What´s wrong with you?

·
Registered
154 Posts
I don't know the breed, but spending $1K on a dog in this economy is questionable. Lots of other more important needs IMO.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I do know the breed. You're going to love that dog. These are typically very low energy dogs with very little "chase" instinct. In other words they don't want to hunt your chickens down, chase your goats to exhaustion, they are livestock guardian dogs. They stay with their charges (whatever they are including YOU) and exercise an amazing amount of independent decision about when to and when not to react. Now for the downside. I'm not sure they are the ideal guard dog to protect you from other humans. Other dogs..no problem...but other people, I'm not sure. They'll bark for you though. I own 6 cousins of the Kuvasz called an Akbash. I can't say enough good stuff about these dogs.

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
congratualtions for realizing a profit on your PM's.

most people won't and most are buying high

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Silver

Down $2.00 this morning 3/15/2011
I have have decided not to buy the kuvasz, I have never spent over $25 on a dog before in my life, my AKC Lab was $25, and my AKC basenji was a gift from the breeder.
Still glad I sold the silver and pocketed the 1K, almost 100% profit in less than a year. Oh by the way I am prepped fairly well

·
Registered
87 Posts
I can't tell you how to spend your money, but if you're of the "prepper" mindset, you would save the silver, find a young mut that has the genetics to battle adversity, then buy food and continue watching the PM market.

Just read you last post, A+! You can reinvest your 1k back into silver when it stops dropping and end up with even more silver than you started with.

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
I feel a little deprived, I must have always had second class dogs because I know we never spent more then a couple of dollars for a dog

1 - 20 of 23 Posts