Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I've been a member here for awhile; but have posted only a few times.

I now am trying to put-my-life-back-together, after elder-caregiving for 2 years. My 2 sisters and I shared 24/7 care of our near-90 yr. old mom, who passed 2 mo. ago. Our situation wasn't that tough, compared to most...but it was a draining "limbo" existence. NOW...I am digging-myself out of the fatigue and am planning for "next". I'm not a 'survivalist" in outlook; more of a "Thrivalist". I believe in self-reliance, being prepared...while embracing each moment. I have sooo many questions that they're yet all tangled. :). I'm just looking forward to learning from you and formulating sensible, attainable plans for 3 generations of "us"...to live self-reliantly and have fun, too. We live in the middle-of-nowhere and LOVE it !!! Hubby and I are 64 yrs. old...not at all "retiring" :thumb:...and all our kids, grand-young'uns live nearby. Great Life !!!

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
Welcome Let her rip. I am so sorry to hear of your mother's passing. 90 sure is a good run though ain't it! Where you live and having your family all about you sounds wonderful. I have 3 boys and it seems they will scatter. I sure long for Sundays like when I grew up. We'd all meet at grandma's after church and all my aunts would cook a meal together and the cousins would be each others best friends while the men would talk shop out under the shade tree in summer or huddled around a burn barrell in winter. Those days are long gone around here. My grandbabies, when I have them probably won't even know each other. Isn't that sad?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the warm welcome. I have been reading previous posts and am delighted by the 'gold-mine' I stumbled across here. Wow !!! You folks know about everything !!!:thumb:

sherrieallen: I appreciate your condolences. My mom was a beautiful human-being and had a beautiful life...hard work, yes..but a wonderful family and close friends. Her passing wasn't a 'sad' thing for us; but a release for her arrival "there". It was time.

And now, with the knowledge gained-through-caregiving of how precious moments are... we are going ON...nurturing the next generations.

O.K. That was the part where I'm trying to make a good first impression on ya'll...:xeye: :D:

Now the REAL part: I am embarrassingly ignorant of so many things which I should've learned by now. :eek: I was raised in the country, lived in the country all my life (so far)...and you know what ? I don't know the first thing about chickens, etc. My parents had chickens when I was fairly young...and I had to feed them (the chickens) and gather the eggs. But 'then' I didn't like 'nasty' chickens. :( Now that I am an ...ummm..."older" broad...I want chickens and ducks and guinea-hens; but haven't a clue how to begin.

So back to my reading on this forum...

·
Knocked Down But Up Again
5,579 Posts
Welcome, Rip! We're glad you found us. :)

Just pull up a chair at the Survivalist Boards dinner table. Only don't pick the chair next to me...it's too close to the outhouse. LOL!

Claudia

1 - 8 of 8 Posts