Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Born 120 years too late.
4,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JUST WONDERING if we have any preppers from the 50th and what do you think of for a BOL and survival preps and how it could be applicable solutions for other folks in similar situation with literally, NO WHERE TO RUN TO and NOWHERE TO HIDE..

Reactions: JustQ

·
Registered
8 Posts
I lived there for a good portion of my life and given certain realities about living on an isolated island, I grew up with a prepper mindset when it came to storing foods and various household items without realizing it. Anyway, back then I knew that lot of people stock piled staples just because you never knew when the next longshoreman or shipping strike would happen. I don't know if that's really been an issue since the 70s and 80s though. If not, maybe that's no longer the norm?

Are you in HI? As it's on our list of places to eventually retire, I'm interested in hearing survival and preparedness perspectives of people sitll living there.

As for BOLs, in my opinion, that would depend a lot upon which island you're on.

·
Born 120 years too late.
4,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I AM not on the Islands.
IF someone GAVE ME a mansion to live in Hawaii I would sell it and use it to pay for my move to Alaska.

My sister lived in HI in Honolulu for 10 years. She was funny in that she said the term "When your ship comes in" has a whole different meaning to the islanders because stores run out and they literally have to wait for the next ship to make a delivery.

It seems that the kind of mindset of islanders would be unique in survival/prep situations.

·
Born 120 years too late.
4,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SINCE no one from HI seems to be chipping in,

How about some suggestions form those of us stateside as to what you would do to plan for and deal with the limitations of the islands///

·
What... me worry??
235 Posts
It better involve some type of VERY seaworthy vessel, cuz it’s a really long swim.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts