Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Always good to learn something.
I've seen different firearms listed as TALO.
For some reason,I always thought it was a video game..and people painted/customized a gun to look like something in the game..or maybe in a movie..or sumptin.
Googled it,company that takes factory guns,and just makes them differnt looking,but nothing with the function.
Have no clue if it increases resale,some of them look nice...I love 'Merica

·
Registered
568 Posts
Yes, TALO is a gun distributor. They often order specific gun variants that the factories don’t currently produce by the hundreds or thousands. Sometimes a different color, different set of sights, various accessories added or taken away. Some are fairly unique. Some might say they’re cool and others would not be impressed.
I do think it’s a neat opportunity for them to “jazz up” or spice up existing firearms just a little.
If you’re a yankee, you may not like TALO as it is an acronym for Texas Arkansas Louisiana Oklahoma.

·
What hell, pay attention
8,115 Posts
I have a TALO Ruger NM Super Blackhawk 44mag. with a 3" barrel. Its the only Ruger I currently have and one of the few Rugers Ive had that I actually like.

·
Registered
12,052 Posts
If you’re a yankee, you may not like TALO as it is an acronym for Texas Arkansas Louisiana Oklahoma.
We're about 100 years away from "Yankees" not liking a state just because they can't drive in the snow and don't know how to use antifreeze.
Though I must admit...I HATED sweating during Christmas in Texas, 75 degrees and 90% humidity on December 24th is STUPID! ;)

·
What hell, pay attention
8,115 Posts
Lew Horton is another. I have one of their 3" S&W 696's in 44spl.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yes, TALO is a gun distributor. They often order specific gun variants that the factories don’t currently produce by the hundreds or thousands. Sometimes a different color, different set of sights, various accessories added or taken away. Some are fairly unique. Some might say they’re cool and others would not be impressed.
I do think it’s a neat opportunity for them to “jazz up” or spice up existing firearms just a little.

Hate to say it, but I think there's more latent Distrust going the other way around, and that's coming from someone who grew up in the midwest who's lived both in Yankeeland proper and Down in the Carolina's where I currently reside. When it comes right down to it though it's really all the same with the biggest general difference being whether your told Nicely to "Eat ****" or more directly without the sugar sprinkled on top and a "Bless Your Heart" afterwards!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Davidson does special editions, as well.

This is a Davidson’s Special Edition:

Ruger Mini-14 Ranch Rifle.Item #: 5858. Finish: Stainless Steel. Receiver: Stainless Steel with Intergral Scope Bases. Stock: Black Laminate. Sights: Front: Blade Rear: Adjustable. Barrel Length: 18.5". Overall Length: 37.25". Weight: 7 lbs. Rubber Recoil Pad, 1" Scope Rings Included, Sling Swivels.Caliber: 223 Capacity: 30+1. Action: Semi-Automatic. # of Mags: 1 Detachable Box Magazine.Comes with Davidson's additional lifetime guarantee.

Mine:

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Going back to my OP,the video game I mentioned might be HALO?

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
Didn't know that about TALO. Only exposure I have is seeing adds for NAA revolvers with the rainbow finish (titanium?). Real cute

·
"eleutheromaniac"
3,351 Posts
I have one of those for sale with the "Bisley" grip. They have shot up in price lately.

I have a TALO Ruger NM Super Blackhawk 44mag. with a 3" barrel. Its the only Ruger I currently have and one of the few Rugers Ive had that I actually like.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts