Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I found this site while looking for preparedness resources. I'm in a pretty populated area of the country just about a half hour 45 minutes from Washington DC. I know... a crazy place to be these days. We were in South Carolina for 13 years and I loved the open spaces and friendly people I met there. We moved back to MD to be near family as we all grow older.

I did quite a bit a preparedness back in 1999 for Y2K. We were glad nothing came of that but I let loose of the cache and moved back north. Now we are not prepared much at all and I need to start getting with the program again.

I'm looking for information of food stuffs and what are the latest thoughts on long term storage.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My sister lives in NOVA. Its pretty bad over there too! I'm on the east side of town as far as you can go before splashing into the bay.

·
Registered
11,613 Posts
Welcome Much to learn here. Things to ponder follow:

Have a BOL?

Self-sufficient? Garden? Stored food?

Reload? Cast bullets? Practice with your firearms?

Practice permaculture? Gather wild foods?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome Much to learn here. Things to ponder follow:

Have a BOL?

Self-sufficient? Garden? Stored food?

Reload? Cast bullets? Practice with your firearms?

Practice permaculture? Gather wild foods?
No practical BOL yet. I do have friends in SC that have 450 acres and lots of guns. Always said we could come there when the ****F, but its a good bit of traveling from here to there now.

Self-sufficient? Ha, Garden? do Zinnias count? Stored Food? enough for this week. (need to work on that)

Reload? Yes - only .40, .38 .357 .223, I need to add 9mm and shot
Cast Bullets? I have but not for many years. Would need molds for my favorite calibers
Practice? Not nearly enough. I used to spend at least three days a week shooting, not sine moving back to MD. Places to shoot are few and far between.

Permaculture? I'll have to look that one up. Gather Wild Foods? Fish and Crabs are good here. Don't know much about the native flora that one can eat safely.

Thanks for the thoughts

1 - 14 of 14 Posts