Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
I just found this- 7 months after your original post about it- I cannot believe anyone here doesn't seem to be knowledgeable about this! This is incredible!

·
Unseen
667 Posts
seems to be a glorified, filtered dehumidifier.... no new technology there. I don't think that many will be sold,, for the simple fact that it takes much energy to create this water, and there are natural, or much more simple and efficient ways to do the same thing. Doesn't seem to incredible to me... not trying to burst your bubble, I just don't see anything great about it.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
seems to be a glorified, filtered dehumidifier.... no new technology there. I don't think that many will be sold,, for the simple fact that it takes much energy to create this water, and there are natural, or much more simple and efficient ways to do the same thing. Doesn't seem to incredible to me... not trying to burst your bubble, I just don't see anything great about it.
They site didn't say much about how it works, that's true. I didn't realize this technology has been around. Its awfully pricey, too. I guess on the surface, it seems like a good idea, but then you dig into it, and its not what its cracked up to be. I wonder if anyone has ever used one of these and if they really work?

·
Prepared in NH
12,866 Posts
As already stated, I thought of the same thing as soon as I clicked on the link. I just emptied a dehumidifier in my basement about 20 minutes ago. So, yes, the technology has been around a long time. The difference is properly handling/filtering the accumulated water for safe consumption.

Great application of old technology.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts