Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the strangest item you've ever found in the washer/dryer?

Mine was dh's cell phone. I missed one of his cargo pants pockets. . .

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Having kids there is ALWAYS something in the washer or dryer. Can't remember anything "weird" right off hand but currently there are 2 coins and some candy wrappers. There have been rocks and pens and much to my dismay...a crayon...washed in hot water (not good.) Then yesterday I was taking stuff out of the washer and I kept smelling each handful of clothes because I thought they smelled like peppermint...I kept thinking that one of the kiddo's must have had a mint in their pocket.

·
to listen
284 Posts
Over the course of two years i have found My daughters lipgloss, hair clips, and buttons. I have a feeling my washing machine suffers from washing rage.:D:
A couple of things i have put in came out as if someone had taken a knife to them, and one of my daughters tops came out with dirty marks on it, it was cleaner before it went in.:eek:
my 8 year old dryer died a couple of weeks ago so i am seeing how long i can go without one, :(.
Still i am saving energy, not that my bills show it, its back to bashing the washing on the rocks, where's me wash board and mangle:D:

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
a pizza. it was a public laundrymat and someone had put in a cheese pizza and let it cycle.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I recently washed my son's cell phone. I find candy, markers, gum (and always after the fact-ewwww). I can usually make about $10 a week doing laundry between the singles here and there and all the coins. My husband is good for leaving keys and screw bits in his pockets.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
one of the girls put my cell phone and extra mag in the washing machince without checking the pockets on the jeans the other day

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
on the way this morning to take the monthly quals for service pistol ..so see it realy is water proof like the maker says..

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I recently washed my son's cell phone. I find candy, markers, gum (and always after the fact-ewwww). I can usually make about $10 a week doing laundry between the singles here and there and all the coins. My husband is good for leaving keys and screw bits in his pockets.
Wow. I wanna do laundry at your house! I rarely ever find money, just junk. I think gum is the absolute worst, unless you're lucky and it's just melted in the wrapper.

I have also found small pine cones, pebbles, checkers, and dh's flash drive. Fortunately I caught the flash drive before I started the wash. Oh, and a love note in my daughter's pocket when she was in first grade. That was interesting.:)

·
Permanently gone
1,720 Posts
With seven kids I found everything imaginable over the years.
Coins, pens, crayons, bugs, a small garter snake (it survived the washer!), weed (yes, that weed), report cards, keys, lighters, soggy cigarettes, homework, whistles, small toys of every type.
One day I hear a strange noise coming from the washer, opened it and rescued my very p.o.'d persian cat.
My cats presence in the washer was explained to me by my logical 5 year old "He was dirty and I was saving him time" apparently thinking it was easier to wash the cat than to let the cat take care of the problem himself.

·
Knocked Down But Up Again
5,579 Posts
I opened the washer one day to find a disposable diaper. That diaper had sucked up an unimaginable amount of water and had burst all over the clothing throughout that load. I guess you could say that I was pi$$ed off (pun intended) about having to rewash said load several times to remove that diaper gel.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts