Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Destroyer of Ignorance
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at the gun shop today to pick up some extra mags and noticed they had a brand new 92FS for $450. I've been looking for a 9mm to save on ammo cost and for something my wife might find more pleasurable to shoot than my .45

Reactions: Rutger

·
Registered
7 Posts
Congrads on the new addition !
The 92FS is very versatile, You can buy the conversion kit to shoot 22LR (my girls 8 & 14 love it) from Ciener in cape canerval ,Fl
you can also buy from cheaper than dirt.com the conversion to shoot 40S&W too.
to do the conversion all you do is remove the barrel assy and your magazine ,it takes maybe 10 seconds at most to remove and the same to put a new caliber on.
also for the 92FS I put a laser by Crimson trace and it is sweet !
I did other things as well and it is hard to get back from my friends at the range once they shoot it.
anyway , you have a great gun !!!
enjoy

·
Super Moderator
Psalm 34:4
23,302 Posts
I thought we were required to post pics of new guns......where's the pics?

·
Destroyer of Ignorance
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought we were required to post pics of new guns......where's the pics?
LOL. I live in NY. That means I get to wait until a county judge says I can go pick up the gun I paid for. Could take a few weeks. Right now I have 3 pistol permit amendments (new guns) sitting at the county court house. I just hope that doesn't worry them.

·
Pastor
1,965 Posts
Buy a 96G upper conversion, and you can shoot .40 S&W also

Reactions: danpauselius

·
Registered
112 Posts
Was at the gun shop today to pick up some extra mags and noticed they had a brand new 92FS for $450. I've been looking for a 9mm to save on ammo cost and for something my wife might find more pleasurable to shoot than my .45
Well, there is a lot of mixed emotion about the Beretta 92FS. I like it, but I'm not a fan of 9mm unless you just like to plink with it. I think that pistol is probably one of the best fitting pistols for my hand. I'd like to have one, but it's way down my list of priority purchases. You can't really go wrong with it unless you ever planned on putting it in your wife's purse or carrying it concealed then you're up for a challenge unless you're a good sized boy - they're long and kind of fat for a 9mm.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'd second the comment about it not being good for concealed carry. But I love shooting my 92, everyone who's shot it raves about how it's about one of the sweetest shooting 9s they've tried.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I carried the 92fs (M9) as a U.S. Navy Corpsman and a Coast Guard Gunners Mate. I love them. A lot of military people get down on them. I think that is because they never had one of their own that was well maintained. Military gear takes a beating and this is compounded by nobody loving it.-Jay

·
Squawker
145 Posts
I had a 357 30 years ago, but I didn't have a gun until I picked up a 92FS 3 years ago.It's a good gun, and since buying that, I've added 3 Glocks and an XD 45.

·
Living it up while I can
185 Posts
I'm very biased towards these. It was my first gun and STILL my favorite. Never had any problems with it. Enjoy!

·
Living it up while I can
185 Posts
I'm biased towards these, I admit that. It was my first gun and still my favorite. Never had any problems. Enjoy!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts