Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we survived the heavy spring rains and only lost a couple of plants. Now its really starting to grow. The only things that are not doing well are cabbage and Califlower. My Cucumbers are huge,Tomatoes are loaded and Squash,pumpkins and all melons are doing real well. Broccoli has been producing but not real large heads. I think I need to do more soil testing and enrich it. We are eating Zucchini and Cucumbers right now along with several harvests of Broccoli. So far we have learned a lot and look forward to next years garden.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Good job. Keep up the good work. We are having a huge problems with squash bugs and japanese beetles here in Mid TN. They are eating everything. The heat is not helping either but we are still gathering things from the garden. Mostly tomatoes, some squash, peppers and some cucumbers. We had lots of asparagus but now letting it go to seed for the year.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used sevens one time and killed some boring bugs when they first started. Now I have had no troubles but have my spray bottle ready in case I see them come back. Im watching for tomato worms now. a DEER GOT IN HERE TWO NIGHTS AGO AND ATE HALF A SMALL PUMPKIN. I am sharpening my boning knife .KF

·
Certified Organic Grower
4,969 Posts
Cabbage and cauliflower are not generally excited about warmer weather.

If your tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, and melons are performing well, it is probably a bit too warm for the cooler cabbage and cauliflower.

Maybe semi shade the plants and up the water intake on the two?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts