Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Gone Galt
22,534 Posts
Hats off to ya Kev. :thumb:

I was born and raised in Port Isabel, TX.

As a kid with heat like this, I'd be inside with the AC with my head jammed inside the freezer section of the refrigerator. :eek::

:D:

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hats off to ya Kev. :thumb:

I was born and raised in Port Isabel, TX.

As a kid with heat like this, I'd be inside with the AC with my head jammed inside the freezer section of the refrigerator. :eek::

:D:
Thank you very much. I saw your comment on youtube.

It is hot, very hot. I might go on another trip soon.

There is something about a challenge like this. Either be rescued, die of heat stroke, or walk out like a man. My legs started cramping while going up a hill towards the end of the hike. I stopped, found some shade and took 30 minutes.

·
reluctant sinner
17,912 Posts
Nice vid. I wonder if you could use those tusks for ivory sight beads and inserts?

I have had serious issues with cramps this summer so far. Before the calcium in ice cream did the trick. I mixed up some oral rehydration powder from a formula I found on line. I substituted strawberry banana jello powder for straight sugar, and just used the lite salt (1/2 potassium 1/2 sodium chloride). It also has baking soda.

Seems to do the trick on my cramps. It doesn't taste too sweet, or salty. Even warm it forms some chunks. About two 35mm film cans per 40 oz. water bottle.

Sunday I went on my first scouting trip for elk. A neighbor lady offered a 6 hour class of local plant ID for $20 as a guided hike. Best $20 I have spent in a long time. Less than a buck a plant. Did see deer tracks.

Anyway I sweated off a callus on my stump from the steep walk up and back. So I have had to lay low and heal.

Tuesday they were thinking about evacuating my area due to a man caused fire. Power was out for about a day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts