Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Doomsayer
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to DadaOrwell over at Mental Militia for this gem:

A pool videographer shot this 11/14/08. The Defendant is a syndicated radio host at FreeTalkLive.com - on trial for refusing to make his tenants move a couch.

He receives 30 days for the "slow sitting" alone.
Notice the "guy" in the suit (court officer, bailiff, prosecutor, ??? ) is already walking around and POINTING at Mr. Bernard even as the...'judge'...begins his attack. He appears to be the prosecutor, as it seems he gets up from the prosecution table to the right of Bernard.

Also the two cops are eye-balling Bernard from the get-go.

This was a total setup.

Pre-planned.

Your government...and extorted tax dollars at work.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Those Freestaters have a way of getting under the skin of local Law enforcement and government .

They do good work !!

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
the kid probly did take too long to sit or stand. but that judge was obviously way way way outta line. and way way way outta control.
1) Court is for adults. If someone can't do as they are told let them ponder it in jail for a while.

2) The man clearly made a choice to not do as he was told. That is stupid in a courtroom. Let him ponder his stupidity in jail for a while.

3) What we don't know, and is very likely, is this fellow is a familiar rectalgelia to the court because he is a lousy landlord with a history not getting his act together. Some people need to sit in jail for a while to be encouraged to grow up.

·
Destroyer of Ignorance
2,988 Posts
1)
3) What we don't know, and is very likely, is this fellow is a familiar rectalgelia to the court because he is a lousy landlord with a history not getting his act together. Some people need to sit in jail for a while to be encouraged to grow up.
Wow, you must be psychic. I watched the same video twice and didn't hear see or smell anything that would lead me to believe that.

Everytime you post, I can see that people like me and people like you will probably never see eye to eye on any issue that involves placing individual freedoms over the state's supposed authority. I guess maybe you think that a 90 day loss of all freedom is a fitting punishment for failure to comply with a judge who appears to be a typical little tyrant.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
1) Court is for adults. If someone can't do as they are told let them ponder it in jail for a while.
You ponder that comment when your told to give up your guns or go to jail until you do. Oh wait let me guess, your gonna put up a fight right?

Your NOT gonna do what your told right?

Your gonna stand up to tyranny and show it who's boss?

Not a chance!

Reactions: AncientBrit

·
Permanently gone
1,720 Posts
There was no cause to arrest.
My elderly mother would take twice as long to sit or stand in court because of her arthritis. Would that judge arrest her?
The individual arrested was starting to sit down when his name was called, so he stopped his *sitting action* to face the court bench as is proper.
The judge is an ass.

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
Wow, you must be psychic. I watched the same video twice and didn't hear see or smell anything that would lead me to believe that.

Everytime you post, I can see that people like me and people like you will probably never see eye to eye on any issue that involves placing individual freedoms over the state's supposed authority.
Individual freedom? Authority of the state? That is not what's at issue here. This is a courtroom. In a courtroom you do what the judge says because that is the only way to keep order. The landlord had a choice. He made the wrong one. Put the blame where it belongs, on his behavior. And then the pathetic nonsense of sitting down under duress. That jerk had too much TV in his head. Court is real. Court is serious. Tossing the jerk in jail for a while will remind him how to behave in court.

·
dum dum
1,249 Posts
This, to me, is not one of the black and white situations...although he lingered, and slouched and leaned on the table, rather than saying "I'm sorry your honor, I misunderstood", he replies with "I am doing this under duress." I guess 90 days in the hole is a good example of duress.
The real question is...who else was annoyed they watched the guy at the end of the video?

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
holy cow. I hope i never get gas on jury duty.

Chief Juror: "Your honor, we the jury find the defendant-"

KRRRABLAPPPO-pop

Judge: "YOU"RE OUT OF ORDER!"

Me: "Not anymore I'm not-" *content sigh*

Reactions: boyscout and test

·
Registered
173 Posts
The guy is clearly moving to sit down, and is addressed by the court, so he remains standing. I think there is obviously more to the story, possibly the judge is a pompous ass. The action, or speed of action taken by the defendant in this video is clearly no threat to the "order of the court". Authoritarian hubris is evident, IMO. There was no cause for arrest.

EQV

·
Proud "Neo-Confederate"
2,124 Posts
:wow If that isnt the most unwarranted arrest i have ever seen in my life. That judge really is on a power trip and a half isnt he. This just goes to show that they dont have to abide by any rules and can throw you in jail if they feel like it. The man was OBVIOUSLY sitting diwn and only stood back up when his name was called.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts

Everytime you post, I can see that people like me and people like you will probably never see eye to eye on any issue that involves placing individual freedoms over the state's supposed authority. I guess maybe you think that a 90 day loss of all freedom is a fitting punishment for failure to comply with a judge who appears to be a typical little tyrant.
My first question is where is the rest of the video tape, he was standing there leaning on the table already,,, Anyone who has been in a court knows there are instructions given on proper decorum, which obviously wasnt being followed... hell the first words out of the punks mouth were "...under duress" which is out and out arguing with the judge,,, the bailiffs saw there was a problem to begin with, so there IS more to the story and this is without a doubt the result of creative editing as the first comments of the bailiff and the judge are missing

·
Proud "Neo-Confederate"
2,124 Posts
My first question is where is the rest of the video tape, he was standing there leaning on the table already,,, Anyone who has been in a court knows there are instructions given on proper decorum, which obviously wasnt being followed... hell the first words out of the punks mouth were "...under duress" which is out and out arguing with the judge,,, the bailiffs saw there was a problem to begin with, so there IS more to the story and this is without a doubt the result of creative editing as the first comments of the bailiff and the judge are missing

yeah because when he tried to say I'm Ian they judge yelled at him!!! What more to the story can there be? the Balif said please be seated, the guy obviously looks back to make sure his chair is there then just as he is sitting down his name was called prompting him to stand back up. Are you even watching the same video?

EDIT:Nevermind, i watched some more about it on the website and there is more to what happened. I stand corrected sir

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Everyone who thinks the Judge was wrong (even if the judge was a jerk) should go to the website and watch the rest of the videos, and see that the whole thing was orchestrated so the judge WOULD throw the jerk in the can on contempt charges... they (at least FIVE people) were trying to make a jerk out of the judge and a mockery out of the court proceedings.... This is another video of nothing there conspiricy

·
dum dum
1,249 Posts
That guy basically thought he'd "push the limits on his personal freedoms" (which, BTW, do NOT exist in court...that room belongs to the judge whether we like it or not, so suck it up), and he picked a judge that was having a BAD DAY. ha.

Kinda reminds me of people that wear shorts to court, backtalk the judge, and talk on cellphones in the courtroom...Eeeeeyush...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts